Unit 27

i'm updating so this means this story is officially finished. you will from now on get the remaining chapters on a weekly basis until there's none left! 

Disclaimer: This story contains violence, gore, sexual content and strong language. Subjects covered might trigger some. If you are very sensible or easily offended, please abstain from reading.  

There was a man. He was completely naked, and his weak wrists were confined inside rusty metal cuffs linked to two long chains strongly secured with a screw in the concrete ceiling. His ankles had inherited the same fate; two creaky cuffs holding him tight with chains screwed into the concrete floor.

Another man walked in. He was dressed in black from head to toes. He was dragging a stainless steel table with a panoply of different tools. Phil could distinguish old and rusty ones, like the cuffs and chains, but some were new and shiny, just like the table.

The naked man squirmed and squealed when he saw the other walk in. The chains rattled against each other. The man in black approached the tied one and laughed. The sound it made curdled Phil's blood.

He picked up an old, unsharpened knife from the lot and held it in front of the man. He started screaming and squirming around even more. Phil knew what was about to happen. He tried to move but his body was paralyzed. He tried to shout, but nothing was coming out.

He looked around for help, but everything around him was just a void. The man in black delicately placed the rusty knife on the naked man's stomach. Phil tried to scream again, but still nothing would come out.

Just as the man in black applied pressure and started tearing the pleading other's flesh with his old knife, Phil caught a silhouette in the corner of his eye.

He turned his head towards Dan and he exclaimed in a voice that Phil had never heard from him before:

"Just enjoy the show..."

Phil jerked awake. He put his hand against his beating heart as he tried to control his heavy breathing. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and composed himself. Dan shifted in the bed next to him and Phil jumped again. He had completely forgotten he was there.

His nightmare was still very vivid, but he didn't want to think about it. His head was a mess after this bad night sleep. Dan's sleep talk lingered in the back of his head as well as everything else he had been thinking about the night before. All these elements had probably nourished his bad dream.

He looked at the clock on the nightstand. 7:06. Phil knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so he got up carefully not to wake up Dan, grabbed his phone and walked to the other room. He noticed a text message he had received while he was asleep. It was from Louise.

"I hope this doesn't wake you up but I got Dan back to your room. He had a lot of beer, a few shots and smoked a bit... I stopped him before he took some X. I told him to be careful but I'm sorry if there's a mayhem... Please just try to get your mind off all these things and just relax... Love you."

Feeling like he would be sick, Phil put his phone down. He didn't need to know that. He would've been way better without knowing what Dan had almost taken last night while he wasn't there. "'I'm trying to stop', my ass." Phil thought.

Fortunately, their meetup was over. Dan and Phil only had to make a few stage appearances and participate to panels for the next two days. Even though Phil dreaded every moment spent with Dan, he was rather glad that he wouldn't have to fake so much for the rest of Playlist.

Surely, the awkwardness of that night had probably worn off. But things had changed. They both knew that they had both crossed a line they shouldn't have. One had over shared, the other knew too much. But Phil wasn't one for leaving things undone. Even though things were now different, he had to make the best out of it. He would have to confront Dan.