Unit 9

hello! i'm back with another chapter! (i told you i would upload before 2015!) now, i'm really proud of this one because you will meet new and original characters! they're completely fictional and they're my own little pride! seriously, i work so hard on their own personalities and they're all so unique in their own way and ah, i like them so much! you will follow them all the way through the story starting from now on! i really do hope you like them (or don't, because not all of them were created to be likable, ah!) or at least appreciate them! they're here mostly to give another angle on dan's murders and spare me from writing some scenes, otherwise it would be repetitive and (let's be honest) gross. thank you so much for sticking around! i hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: This story contains violence, gore, sexual content and strong language. Subjects covered might trigger some. If you are very sensible or easily offended, please abstain from reading.

The sun had risen in the sky and lightened up the city. Sasha Hoover woke up with a good vibe that morning. After eating her breakfast and taking her shower, she considered Carrie Drysdale's proposition.

Carrie and Sasha were good friends in high school and had lost connection since then. Sasha worked at the cinema and was greatly surprised when her lost friend showed up with her boyfriend out of the blue. She really wanted to catch up the lost time with her teenage best friend. So she put her coat on and took the bus in direction of Royal College street.

When Sasha stepped on the doormat, she took a deep breath and knocked three times. She knew Carrie would be there and was impatient to chat with her. After a few minutes of waiting, Sasha frowned her eyebrows. She knocked again, waited, but still no one came to the door.

"Carrie?" she said, knocking again. "Carrie, it's me, Sasha!"

Sasha smiled with hope, but still no one came. She put her ear against the door and listened. She didn't hear anything. Puzzled, she grabbed the doorknob and twisted. To her surprise, it wasn't locked. Half guilty, she opened the door and stepped inside her friend's apartment.

"Carrie?" she called.

She slowly walked into the living room. Her heart rate climbed high when she noticed the shattered glass table and the few blood stains.

Petrified, Sasha didn't dare add anything else. She tiptoed up the stairs. She heard this slow, regular dripping sound. She followed the noise, feeling her limbs going numb with terror.

Sasha stopped in front of the bathroom door. She grasped the doorknob with a shaky hand and weakly pushed it opened.

Sasha yelled at the top of her lungs.

~

"Thank you for coming, Quest."

Special detective Quest Kadner vigorously shook Wade Allaway's hand.

"Where are the bodies?" Quest asked.

The head detective gestured Kadner to climb up the stairs. At the top, he followed the rumor of the conversation and the click of the flash to the bathroom where he saw what he had been called for. He immediately noticed the floor had been flooded.

Allaway walked up behind him.

"Dave Evans and Carrie Drysdale. Early 30's. They were found by Carrie's high school friend, Sasha Hoover. She's downstairs if you want to talk to her."

Quest nodded his head and stepped closer to the corpses. Quest had seen a lot of weird and disturbing stuff in his life. But this one was particularly gloomy. He crouched down to examine the bodies.