Unit 13

and thus, a killer was born. sorry for the month long wait but i was really busy with school and stuff and yeah. hope this is going to be worth it! thank you loads for reading, i appreciate it a lot!

Disclaimer: This story contains violence, gore, sexual content and strong language. Subjects covered might trigger some. If you are very sensible or easily offended, please abstain from reading.

After the strange meeting with the two curious boys at the crime scene, Quest rushed to every radio and television stations to warn them about the announcement. He had made several sloppy reports in the car while Wade drove, and gave them out to the reporters.

Dan and Phil had gone home after their crime scene encounter. Phil had brushed it off his mind after confessing to Dan again and again that he felt personally victimized because they ruined cereals forever for him.

Dan felt exalted. He had managed to transmit his message to Phil and even meet two of the people who were after him… without any of them even knowing he was the killer. He was so excited, everything went as planned, it went so well.

He just wanted to lock himself in his room and celebrate. He wanted to touch his body sensually, languorously, and send himself over the edge, thinking about Agana, Bradley, Carrie, Dave, Emily… Thinking about the pattern, the eleven other people to come, Phil finally seeing a part of his work and Quest Kadner… Oh, Quest Kadner. He would watch him dance under his nose, like a puppet on strings, and lead him to different paths. Quest had even called him a son of a bitch! He almost felt honoured.

Dan never thought this could get any more enjoyable. He just wanted to strip off his clothes and jump right on his bed.

But right now, he couldn’t. The police officer had mentioned a public announcement about the killings, and Dan wouldn’t miss to see Phil’s reaction for anything in the world.

So instead, he sat with Phil in the lounge and waited for the announcement. They both had their laptops on their laps as the fainted sound of the television resonated in the room. And suddenly, the news came on. Dan's body tensed up.

The woman on the screen started talking about minor news, to which Phil didn't pay attention. He continued typing on his laptop as Dan listened carefully, nervous and excited.

He hastily turned the volume up.

“Since when do you listen to the news?” Phil asked, curious. “I thought you hated them?”

Dan glanced at Phil.

“Yeah, I do hate them, but, remember earlier? The police officer talked about a public announcement. I want to see that.”

“Oh, yeah, I remember.”

Phil put his laptop aside and listened as carefully as Dan, to his delight.

“We have now an announcement coming straight from the police force.” The woman announced with a serious, professional voice.

Dan twitched on the sofa.

“That's it!” Phil exclaimed, his voice uncertain.

“Citizens of London, be on your guard as a mass murderer is on the loose.”

Phil's eyes opened as wide as the moon as Dan's glowed.

“The murderer has made five victims so far, and isn't close to stopping this savagery. The police identified a pattern in this murderer's killings, and we wish to warn you. This murderer kills people considering the first letter of their names. They are following the order of the alphabet. The five first victims' names started with A, B, C, D and E, and the police are convinced the next victim is going to be someone with a name starting with the letter F. The police claim that the murderer might continue this until they reach the 16th letter of the alphabet, due to some evidences they have found that shall remain secret. This is very serious, please be careful. The police are trying their best to catch this murderer. We will update you on what happens with the case of the Alphabet Killer…”