Unit 31

this chapter is short but i swear to you the last chapter is the longest, the fullest and the best of all of them and you won't be disappointed, mark my words. in the meanwhile enjoy this one (yes, yes, after this, there's only one left)

Disclaimer: This story contains violence, gore, sexual content and strong language. Subjects covered might trigger some. If you are very sensible or easily offended, please abstain from reading.

With no useful information, Wade had made it back to the hospital an hour later. Zarah's words had echoed through Quest's mind when he had seen him. But instead of talking about it again, he nodded and continued working.

Not only fifteen minutes later, Tucker barged into the room and dropped a file on the table. Quest stood up and waited for explanations.

"Wiseman, go get the others, they might need to hear this." He ordered as he sat down at the end of the table.

Dallas nodded and left immediately.

"Was it K?" Quest asked hurriedly.

Tucker grunted like he didn't want to admit Quest was right. He waited for Dallas to come back with Zarah, Vani and Vincent before replying to the question that burnt Quest's lips.

"Kimi Lyon. 23 years old. She was found dead in a park in Orlando, Florida."

"I knew it!" Quest exclaimed.

"What did the report say?" Vincent asked.

"A simple but effective stab at the top of the skull was enough to kill her. Apart from that and the numbers 12 and 16 cut onto her cheeks, Alpha did not do anything else to her. They did not find anything that could incriminate someone. The report also says that her arms were placed horizontally and her legs were crossed so that her body resembled a cross, and that her long hair had been neatly draped around her shoulders."

Dallas had spotted the brown envelope in front of Tucker and opened it. He had printed the copies of the crime scene pictures the FBI had transferred. He pinned them down on the cork board in the space he had left for the twelfth victim. Quest looked at it for a few seconds before saying:

"The white cloth on the cross. This is a tradition, people put white cloths on a cross on Easter for the resurrection."

The team nodded.

"That's Alpha." He confirmed.

"That sneaky shit..." Dallas exclaimed. "He went all the way to Orlando for that? That's dedication!"

"But why was he in Orlando?" Zarah wondered. "There has to be a reason. Why there more than anywhere else?"

"Agent Smith told me they didn't realize immediately that it was one of our cases." Tucker continued. "It's when they realized that they searched a bit further, trying to understand why he had killed someone in America. They found out the park Kimi Lyon had been killed at was a few miles away from a hotel. They asked for the hotel record and looked for the last people to check out after the estimated time of death. They found a room registered under the name 'Phil Lester'."

Quest jumped off his seat. His fist hit the table with an incredible force and he threw his coworkers triumphant stares.

"Phil! So Philip Lester is his full name! That's the guy I saw at the grocery store. That was him with Alpha at Emily Fontaine's crime scene!"

He paused to take a breath.

"Is that all they found about him? Did they get any number? Credit card, telephone...? Did they dig any deeper?!"