Unit 16

why hello y'all it's been a while! i'm here with another chapter that i'm pretty sure you will all appreciate. i'm sure it was well anticipated hahaha. because this website is such a hater i'm gonna put the one part on tumblr so that you can access it whenever. i'm gonna leave it here for now, but if wattpoop keeps being a hater i'll delete it on the unit and post the tumblr link only. for now both will be available. thanks for reading :)

Disclaimer: This story contains violence, gore, sexual content and strong language. Subjects covered might trigger some. If you are very sensible or easily offended, please abstain from reading.

The taste of the strong coffee tickled Quest's taste buds. It was only 7 in the evening, but he had a tendency to be unable to sleep when a case was particularly hard. A black coffee helped his eyelids stay up. 

The bags under his eyes were getting bigger every day. He stayed up late thinking over and over again about theories he had and going over everything to make sure he hadn't forgotten a detail. He questioned every information they had gathered and wondered about details that didn't quite match the pattern.

And for another night, Quest didn't plan on sleeping at all. Unbeknown to Wade, he had parked his car next to the Underground station Favor Gallagher and the suspect had been seen at on the tapes. Quest had deduced that if it was Alpha, he probably lived near that area and used that station quite often.

He would stay there and watch all night. His car was cleverly parked where nobody could see him, but where he could see anyone getting in or getting out the station.

If he was to see a six feet tall man wearing a black hood and a backpack, he knew that'd be Alpha. He'd follow him, and intervene when the time was right.

The time passed without any suspicious hooded men walking past. Quest had finished his coffee by now and tried to concentrate. He checked the time. 8:20. He rubbed his eyes firmly and sighed. This was going to be a long night.

People walking around were getting rarer. It would be easier for him to spot Alpha. If he was to come.

A man crossed the street. He didn't have a hood on. He didn't even wear a black coat. He had a navy leather coat and a beige scarf. He had glasses on the tip of his nose and his hands were in his coat pockets. He was heading to the Underground station. Quest sighed. He needed another coffee already.

He did a quick calculation in his head and estimated the probability of meeting Alpha were a bit low, yet still probable. He watched the man cross the street, yawning deeply.

Another man erupted from the street and left to the right. He had a black coat on and a black bag on his shoulders. He was rather tall, though his head was uncovered. Quest didn't even notice Dan. He walked away from the station, unrecognized.

Quest didn't even bother look at him go away and continued patrolling. Though, something bothered him for the rest of the night. He had this feeling Alpha would be right under his nose.

~

Dan fastened his pace. Anger was increasing at an incredible speed inside of him. He gritted his teeth and tightened his fists inside his coat's pockets.

Phil had followed him. He had followed him out when he was going to continue the pattern. Phil had followed him out.

Dan couldn't register the information. He had spotted his victim, and Phil showed up! He had lost his victim because of him! He lost his victim because of Phil!