?

The P.A resounded loudly around the room and two guards ran past them. Another one, dressed more neatly, entered a code on the keypad next to the door and the alarm of the lock coming undone was heard. He pushed the door and let his guests come in before him.

The guard offered the three a seat at the table in the middle of the small room. Wade and Quest refused.

"Are you still sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

His answer had been immediate. Quest glanced at Wade, and then at the guard.

"They start in 10 minutes." The guard said, as if he had read Quest's mind.

He nodded.

"You know, it's been a while, it's probably not going to be how you imagine it."

"I don't care."

Quest sighed.

"You should know that a lot has changed." Wade continued. "He's not how you remember him."

"I'm not how he remembers me."

There was a silence.

"It's not going to be easy." Quest said. "I was the only one to ever visit him. I haven't been here in two years."

"I know."

Wade spoke to Quest.

"I don't want this to screw him up." He whispered. "They worked so hard to keep him away from all this."

"It was his decision." Quest replied. "Besides, they've been keeping him away from it, but it's still in his head. It's his reality now. He can't truly escape it. He had to confront it one day or another."

"5 minutes." The guard announced.

"Still want to do it?" Wade asked again.

"Yes!"

His answer was aggressive this time.

"Don't go in there if you're angry." Quest advised. "We can come another day, we don't have to rush things."

"No! I want to do it now! I've been waiting long enough!"

The guard adjusted his belt and crossed his arms. He glared at Quest.

"He's not going in there if he's in that state." He warned. "They're like sharks detecting a drop of blood, we don't want them to get more violent."

"He's right." Quest agreed. "Get yourself together."

"Get myself together?"

He got up fast.

"LOOK WHAT HE DID TO ME!"

Quest stared at Phil. He looked nothing like what he had once been. A long scar traveled across his neck. It was pink and wrinkly, easily distinguishable. It couldn't be covered by clothing other than turtlenecks and scarfs, and every time he saw it, Quest was reminded of the scene he had witnessed three years ago.

It was almost as surprising as Phil's stump. His right hand had had difficulty healing. It had gotten infected three times during the process and the scar had ended up uglier than it could have been. He remembered visiting Phil during his rehabilitation, where he had learned to live with his prosthesis, such as learning to write again. Phil didn't like his prosthesis and had chosen not to wear it that day.

But the most shocking thing that had changed Phil was the unmissable scars on his cheeks. The number sixteen that had been carved onto both of his cheeks and had healed the same way as his neck. It had been three years since the Alpha case, but Phil's cheeks were a never ending reminder of the past's hardship. A tear slid down his scar.

"My life is ruined!" Phil exclaimed.

"Two minutes." The guard said.

"Philip, I know this is hard for you, I truly do." Quest told. "But right now, if you want this to happen, you have to show strength. I know you are strong, you've proven it to me a long time ago."

He paused.

"Can you do that?"

Phil swallowed hard and quickly wiped his tear. He clenched his jaw and sat back down.

"Yes." He said.

Quest and Wade nodded.

"One minute."

"You remember he hasn't been informed that you survived, right?"

Phil nodded.

"It will probably be overwhelming for him." Quest added.

Phil grinned contemptuously.

"That's the only reason why I'm here." He said through gritted teeth. "I want to see the color drain from his face."

"It's time." The guard said.

Quest approached Phil and patted him on the shoulder as he stood back up. He walked to the door with the guard.

"You leave whenever you've had enough." Wade reminded him.

He shook his head.

"Are you ready?" Quest asked.

"Yes."

"Be strong."

The guard entered another code and the door unlocked. He pushed it and Phil turned his head to Quest one last time before entering the visiting room.

Another guard inside indicated him to sit down in front of one of the windows and wait for the detainees to get in. His heart started beating fast when he heard screaming and complaining on the other side of the window.

After a few minutes, new guards entered holding detainees in orange suits. Suddenly, his breath caught in his throat. There he was. Dan.

His head was down and his hands were cuffed on his front. Unlike other detainees, Dan was being dragged by two guards. When they sat him down, he didn't even look up. Phil's jaw clenched so hard his muscles were hurting.

He grabbed the phone with his left hand and put it on his ear. He waited for Dan to do something.

After a few seconds, his contained hands reached for the phone.

"What brings you here after all this time, Que-"

Dan had finally lifted his head. He was skinnier. His hair was longer. He looked at Phil right in the eyes and his heart stopped. Phil saw the color drain from his face and disbelief grow in his eyes.

"Phil?"

There was a silence in which Phil tried his best to keep his strong façade despite all the memories that were flowing back in his mind.

"Dan."

pppps: Oops, I might have lied in the last chapter. I actually have two sequels planned. One prologue, one follow up.  

ppppps: i made a playlist of a few songs that play in my head when i think of psycho/make me think of psycho, here is a link if you're interested (if you're unable to copy the link, you can search the playlist name on spotify: camille's psycho playlist, and if it still doesn't work, i commented the link so you should be able to copy it)  

https://play.spotify.com/user/22wencehmre6hwzce7r2xe7ui/playlist/6wEsEZGHpbpZUymBF98tDx

i might add a few as life goes on

Have a good life :)