Season Four: A Promise to the Dead

Derek's POV

I'm wide awake, listening to the rain fall. Tessa's asleep in my arms. I know she's still a little shaken up after killing someone. Thunder cracks outside ad Tessa doesn't even budge. Ever the Sleeping Beauty.

Suddenly, I hear the loft's alarm sound. I sit up and feel Tessa do the same.

"T." I say.

I get out of bed, only in my boxers, and grab my gun off the nightstand. I hear Tessa get out of bed too and turn to see her in only her bra and boyshorts.

I scan the loft with my gun and see Tessa do the same, claws grown. I turn to her and she nods her head to the loft door I hold my gun up and slowly make my way to it. Tessa motions me to open it.

I slide it open and Tess stands near the opening ready to attack. I move next to her and point my gun to see a drenched Lydia.

She looks up and screams.

_____________

Tessa's POV

Derek, who is sitting on the couch in the loft, slides the red duffle bag filled with money back to the standing Scott. I'm currently sitting on the table, facing the bag. Italian table my ass Peter.

"Okay." Derek simply says.

"Don't you want to know why I took so long to return it?" Scott stupidly asks.

If someone doesn't quesiton your motives, don't question theirs.

"How much do you make at the Animal Clinic?" Derek asks Scott.

"Minimum wage." Twin answers.

"That's why. Everyone can be tempted Scott. Even a True Alpha."

"You're not angry?" Scot asks.

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter."

"Can I have it than?" I exclaim.

"Where's your money?" Scott questions Derek.

Derek outstreatces his hands and says, "You're standing on it."

Scott looks down and says, "There's another vault!?"

Derek laughs. "I own the building."

"What?" I ask, turning to Derek. "Why didn't I know of this?"

"You never asked." Derek says. He than says to Scott, "And I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's."