Season Four: Smoke and Mirrors

Derek and I are in the loft overlooking guns that are placed on the table. Braedan brought hers here, allowing Derek to use whatever.

Derek sighs. "I still don't like relying on these things."

"I get it D. You miss your powers. When I got bit, I missed being human. But now, if I was in your position, I would miss it too." I tell him.

"It's not about power. It's about not being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless."

"Argent's human. Does he seem helpless?"

"Argent's a much better shot than me."

Derek looks down and I can't help but look at him with a little pity.

"Do you really think you won't be coming back?" I seriously ask.

"Not... alive." Derek honestly replies, not meeting my gaze.

"You know I'm not okay with that." I say, walking over to him.

He turns to face me and places his left hand on my hip. He brings his right hand up and cups my left cheek. He leans in and connects our lips.

It's short and sweet. His left hand travels up to cup my other cheek and he whispers, "I am."

My eyes immediatly snap to his has he continues. 

"If it saves Scott and Kira."

Giving me a smiles, he turns back to look at all the guns.

"To be honest, I still don't know if this is enough fire power to take down one berserker." Derek says.

"Not even close." The voice of Peter sounds.

Derek and I look up to see him walking down the stairs.

"Was he already here?" I ask.

Derek shrugs.

"Killing a beserker is next to impossible." Peter says. "Not just the fire power, it's breaking the animal's spirit from human."

"Well, the one person we know with that kind of experience is Argent." Derek says. "And he's not getting back to me."

Derek raises his eyebrows, as if telling Peter to explain that one.

"Well than we're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam. Definatly me."

Cue creepy smirk.

______________

So, we made a meeting place for everyone to show and called Braedan for help. She brought a van for Little Liam since it's a full moon.