Season One: Co-Captain

Derek and I walk out of hospital following behind Peter but leaving behind some distance. I'm afraid to speak. I'm usually not afraid of anything...well except spiders. That's not the point. I'm afraid that Peter will kill me and Derek will have to watch. Or vice versa. There's no way in hell that's happening.

Mine and Derek's hands are gripping onto each other's. As if one of us will disappear in the blink of an I. We reach Peter's ca- I mean Peter's nurses car- and he gets into the drivers seat. I look at Derek and he motions for me to climb into the back with him.

I do as told and sit in the middle/left side of the back while Derek is to my right. My left hand is holding Derek's right and my right is over lapping them. Derek's left hand is wrapped very protectively around my shoulders and my head is leaning in his shoulder.

"No one wants shot gun? I don't bite." Peter says.

"I don't trust you to drive. After all, you were in a comatose for six years." I reply.

"Ooo the feisty-ness is back. I was beginning to think you lost it. Wouldn't want that."

I don't respond. Instead, Derek tightens his grip on my hand which I return. Like I said, tonight's going to be long.

_________________

The ride was long and awkward. Peter kept trying to get us to talk but quickly gave up. There's no way I'm talking to him. Killing on the other hand...

We pull up to my house and I'm confused as ever.

"Okay Tessa. You're free to go." Peter says.

Derek and I glance at each other. Confusion showing on our faces.

"Yes, you can leave." Peter explain. "Derek and I have things to do. You've already agreed to being part of the pack. I know where to find you. Besides, if you or Derek step out of line, you know what I'll do."

"Dick," I mutter.

"What was that?" Peter asks.

"Stick...I said stick."

I look at Derek for help and he shakes his head. He gets out of the car and I follow him. He walks me to my porch than embraces me in a hug. I instantly return it.

"It'll be okay." I try to reassure him.

"Okay? T, he'll kill you." He says.

"I know, I know. We'll get through this...Together."

"Always and forever."

We pull away and he cups my cheeks. His thumbs brush away the tears that I didn't know I shed. He softly places his lips on mine. This kiss reassured me. It told me that no matter what happens, we'll be okay. Once we pull away, Derek says,

"Stick?"

"I was under pressure and you wouldn't back me up." I defend. "You do know you just ruined a perfectly good moment."

He smirks. "Better I than you."

"That doesn't make any since."

We than hear Peter honk the horn.

"Dick," I say.

"I heard that!" We hear Peter yell.

I freeze. Play it cool. "I said stick!"

"Derek let's go!"

Derek looks at me and sighs.

"Be safe Mister."

He leans in and kisses me on the forehead one last time before he's gone.

________________

The next morning, I wake up to a banging on my door.