Chapter Three: Hugo/ Cameron

Hugo 

Pulling into his driveway, Hugo turned towards Cam to make a sarcastic comment when he saw he was sleeping. Taking a deep breath he glared out his window, not believing that those friends of Cam actually think he didn't do anything as a partner. He does plenty, right?

Rubbing his hands over his scruffy face he sighed before grabbing the baby from the backseat, before smacking Cam with it. "Ow!"

"Oh you're fine," Hugo grumbled while getting out of his car as Humphrey was screaming his head off. When he turned around he saw Cam slowly get out of his car, cracking his back in the process. "Now come on, before this baby starts irritating the neighbors."

Walking up to the front door he wasn't surprised to find it locked, no one ever seemed to be home. After opening the door he threw the baby onto the couch while walking into the kitchen. Shoving half of a turkey sandwich into his mouth he turned around to see Cam sitting on the couch, holding the baby in his arms.

"Why did you even want me to come here?"

"I know you don't like me," Hugo said while randomly flipping through the multiple channels.

"It's not that, we just... we've never hung out at all these four years. We hang out in different friend circles; you don't have to pretend to be nice to me just for this project."

Raising his eyebrows, Hugo swallowed the rest of his sandwich before asking, "What? I'm not pretending to be nice to you. You're a pretty cool guy; I mean you can get that baby to shut up pretty quickly."

"Well thanks... I guess you're pretty cool too."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, not even Humphrey was making a noise. Before he knew it, Hugo was closing his eyes before slowly drifting off to sleep. When his eyes opened a while later he squinted at the clock to see it was almost nine, making him yawn. A phone was suddenly ringing off the hook, making him sigh while grabbing it off the coffee table. "What?" He angrily asked while moving his black hair off his face.

"Who is this? Where is Cameron?"

The fuck? He thought while looking at the phone, only to realize it was not his phone. Shit. "Uh this is Hugo, Cam's partner in Sex Ed."

"Where is my son?" The man asked.

"He's right here," Hugo said while suddenly throwing a pillow at Cam's face, making him squirm and fall off the couch. "Phone call," he said while handing the phone to him.

"Hello?" Cam sleepily asked while slowly sitting up. "I know, I forgot. I'm sorry Dad. I came over to Hugo's after school to work on homework then I was going to spend the night at Harry's. Yeah. Okay. Love you too. Okay. Bye."

He watched as Cam groaned before throwing his phone behind him on the couch. "So. Your Dad seems nice."

"I forgot to call him, he gets mad when I don't call," he said while standing up and instantly holding his back.

"You okay?" Hugo asked while walking over to him. "And where are you going?"

"I must've slept on my back wrong, and I told my Dad I was staying with Harry. Harry won't care if I just show up, I'll see you later."

"Wait," Hugo said while rubbing the back of his neck. "You could hang out here, if you'd like."

He watched as Cam yawned as he twisted his face in pain. "Are you sure?"