Chapter Seven: Cameron

"Ah!" Screaming in pain, Cameron continued to chuck the baseball towards nothing, not caring when he heard something rip in his shoulder. He was hurt, he was upset and he honestly had no idea what he should do next. When he climbed out of his window he decided to walk down to school, and ended up on the baseball diamond. So here he was, screaming in both pain and anger while throwing multiple balls.

Breathing heavily he picked up another baseball by his foot, sweat dripping down his forehead. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" He screamed while throwing the ball, all while having to bend over when he was in excruciating pain.

"Cameron."

Looking up he saw Zoe running towards him, looking very concerned. Deciding to ignore her, he picked up another baseball and started to throw it until she screamed, "Stop!"

When she ran over to him he watched her grab the baseball from his hand and throw it over her shoulder. She then put her hands on either side of his face while saying, "Don't."

Tears were then making their way into his eyes, before he fell down onto his knees on the pitchers mound. He felt Zoe kneel down in front of him before pulling him close to her and gently rocking him. "H-how did you k-know I was h-here?" He asked in between sobs.

"Your dad called me and told me what happened. He was so worried about you; he had no idea where you went. I know that whenever you feel sad or mad you always come here."

"He basically called me gay Zoe," he said while pulling back and sitting down Indian style. Wiping his face he tried not to move his shoulder too much, knowing that he probably did something worse to it.

"And what if you are? Is it really such a bad thing?" She asked while sitting next to him and wrapping her arms around his body.

Looking up at the now dark sky, he sighed before saying, "I'm not."

"Okay, just know that there isn't anything wrong with being gay. Lots of people are, look at your parents."

"I don't want to be my parents okay!" He suddenly yelled while standing up and putting his fingers into his hair. More sobs were escaping from his mouth when he realized what he said. Sinking down to the ground once again he whispered, "I'm a horrible person."

He cried harder when he felt Zoe wrap her arms around him before pulling him closer to her body. "Shh no you're not," she whispered. "You're just having a lot of emotions right now."

When he was able to stop crying he looked up at her to whisper, "I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I haven't even noticed I've been doing that."

"It's okay; I don't love you any less."

With a small smile he went to hug her before feeling his shoulder react. "Oh god," he said while holding his shoulder, which felt like someone was stabbing him.

"You should go to the doctor," Zoe said while helping him stand up. "Come on, I can take you home."

Pulling away from her he nodded while saying, "That's okay, I don't want to go home."

"Where are you going to go?"

"I'm not sure."

He watched her look at him for a few seconds before saying, "Please be careful with Hugo. He's not the perfect guy you think he is."

"Zoe, we're just friends. Nothing is going on between us; he's my partner for class."

As he was about to walk away Zoe suddenly grabbed his hand, making him look down at her in confusion. He watched her then slowly walk up to him before slowly placing her lips onto his. Flying back, he breathed heavily while looking at her. Did she seriously just kiss me?

"Just be careful Cameron, there are other people who care about you too."

With that she walked away, making him question their entire friendship. What just happened? Rubbing his hand over his face he started to walk away, trying to figure out what just happened. Has Zoe liked him? Why didn't she say something? Why did it not feel good when she kissed him? When he looked up he realized he walked halfway across town, and had ended up in front of Hugo's house. Biting his bottom lip he walked up to the front door, not knowing what he was doing.

After knocking a couple times he watched as the door opened and Hugo appeared, smiling at him. "Hey Cam, what's up?"

"She kissed me," he whispered while his shoulder was starting to scream in pain.

"Who?"

"Zoe."

Looking up he saw Hugo looking very confused while he leaned against the door. "Okay, is that a bad thing? Or is she a bad kisser?"

"I'm not gay," he suddenly blurted out, making his cheeks turn red.

"Cam, what's going on?"

Closing his eyes he suddenly thought back to the day Hugo was kissing Josie in class. He remembered the way Hugo's jaw was moving, how his eyes were closed, how his hair was falling into his face. He then remembered when Zoe kissed him, and he felt absolutely nothing from it. Opening his eyes again he watched the way Hugo was looking at him with concern. He felt his eyes slowly travel down to his lips, making him shake his head and put his hands into his hair. "No, I'm not gay. My father was wrong."

Breathing heavily he looked up into those blue eyes, the ones he had grown accustomed to, the ones that made him smile. Now they were making him feel weird, making butterflies form in the pit of his stomach. He breathed harder when Hugo slowly walked towards him before placing his hand onto his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Feeling the pain erupting from that small touch, Cameron felt himself becoming angry. He shouldn't have to prove to himself that he isn't gay, he knows he isn't. However he couldn't make those damn butterflies go away whenever Hugo was near him.

"Cam, you're scaring me."

Before he changed his mind, he pushed Hugo up against the door, trapping him in his arms. "Uh, what the hell are you doing?"

With his hands on either side of Hugo's body he leaned down and ever so gently placed his lips onto Hugo's. Sparks were instantly running through his veins, it felt like he was at home. Pulling back he kept his eyes closed, not wanting to see the disgust in Hugo's eyes. "What the fuck man?"

Swallowing loudly, he leaned forward again until his lips were back on Hugo's. I can't be enjoying this, I can't be. Pulling back he wrapped his fingers into his hair, tears running down his cheeks. He just kissed a man, and he enjoyed it. Looking up he saw Hugo's disgusted face, letting him know he didn't just imagine that. He really just kissed Hugo Stevens. And he really wanted to kiss him again.

"No, no no!" He yelled while closing his eyes.

His eyes were suddenly opening when his body was being shoved up against a wall. "Why the fuck did you just kiss me?" When he didn't answer he watched as Hugo said, "If you're going to kiss me, kiss me." With that he leaned forward and kissed him, making his eyes slowly close.

Putting his hands onto Hugo's arms, he turned them around so Hugo was up against the wall now. Turning his head to the side he deepened the kiss, feeling Hugo place his hands onto his sides, which made his knees feel weak. He felt as Hugo's hands then slowly started sliding up his body before ending up on his shoulders.

"AH!" He screamed as he landed onto the ground, his shoulder in so much pain he couldn't move.

"Cam!" Hugo's nervous shouting was the last thing he heard before everything went black.