Chapter Four: Cameron/ Hugo

Cameron 

"What's going on?" Cameron asked while not wanting to sit down, the lady on the couch giving him the creeps.

He watched as his parents looked at each other before his father said, "Cameron, this is Riley. She is your," he hesitated a moment before saying, "Biological mother."

Sinking down onto the couch behind him, Cameron felt like a weight had been dropped onto his shoulders. Glancing over at the woman once again, he saw her continue to smile at him, making him feel uneasy. "She got in contact with us a while ago, and wanted to see how you were doing."

"Why." He asked while looking down at his hands.

"I'm sorry?" Riley asked.

"Why did you decide to see how I was doing now?" He asked while running his hands through his hair. "I mean, you gave me up right? Noah and Wes Yeager are my parents; they are the ones who look after me, who love me, who put a roof over my head. Why do you all of a sudden want to be in my life?"

Running his hands along his face he glanced at his parents, to see sad looks on their faces. "Do you guys not love me anymore?"

"Why on earth would you ask that?" His dad asked while walking over to him as his father asked,

"Cameron, you have no idea just how much we love you."

"Then why would you let her come here?" He asked while looking up at their faces.

"Because I would love to get to know the young man you've turned into," Riley said from behind them.

Sighing, Cameron quickly turned around while saying, "Don't wait up for me; I'm spending the night with Harry." With that he stomped towards the front door, ignoring his parents calling his name. Once he got into his car he started driving towards his best friend's house, before turning around.

Driving a few more minutes he ended up in an unusual driveway, a place where he never pictured himself driving to. Without thinking he walked up to the door and knocked, feeling his heart start to beat faster. When the door opened he saw confused bright blue eyes staring back at him. "Cam?"

Walking past Hugo's body, he ran his fingers through his hair while seeing Humphrey chilling on the couch. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I need to crash here tonight," he said with absolutely no emotion.

"...Is everything okay?"

"Yup."

Looking up he saw Hugo looking at him with concern, just now realizing he was shirtless and a little sweaty. "Okay, sorry about the mess," he said while motioning towards the towels on the ground. "I was working out, and I always sweat like no other."

"Cool," Cameron said.

"Look, you can sleep in my bed; I can sleep on the couch. My room is the last door on the right down that little hallw-"

"'Kay." With that Cameron walked away, not stopping until he was sitting on a bed.

Putting his head into his hands he finally let the tears fall from his eyes. He wasn't sure if he was overreacting about his birth mother coming back into his life or not. He knew he was rude to her, but honestly he didn't want to be around her. He loved his parents so much; he didn't see a need for another parent.

Ever since he was little, his parents were very open with him. They explained to him how they adopted him when he was just a baby, and had loved him ever since they met him. Apparently they were going to adopt a baby from another woman, but she had changed her mind at the last minute and kept the baby. When they heard about a baby who had been dropped off at the adoption agency, they instantly wanted to meet him. He'll never forget the way his Dad's eyes light up whenever he talks about the first time they saw him; it was love at first sight.