Chapter Ten: Hugo/ Cameron

A/N: ---> picture is Hazel (Hugo's sister) 

Hugo

Slowly opening his eyes, Hugo looked to his right to see Cam still sleeping. Rubbing a hand over his face he yawned before staring up at the ceiling. When he suddenly heard heavy breathing he turned to the side to see Cam rubbing his hands over his face, which looked very pale. "Hey," Hugo said while cracking his back.

"I feel like shit," Cam groaned.

"You look like shit."

"Gee thanks."

Smiling, Hugo leaned onto his elbow while saying, "I'm kidding. Are you feeling okay?"

"I feel like I got hit by a semi," Cam groaned while putting his good arm over his face. When those brown eyes were looking at him again he heard him whisper, "I'm sorry I came over like that."

"Don't apologize," Hugo said while starting to move his hand towards Cam's face to move his curls out of his face when he quickly pulled his hand back. Sitting up on his bed, Hugo started rubbing the back of his beck before saying, "I'm just glad you're okay."

He watched as Cam yawned, before looking like he was going to throw up. "I'm just... really sorry," Cam said while looking down at his hands. "I don't want things to be weird between us, but I know I haven't been making things easy. So, I'm sorry. I do really want us to be friends, if you're still talking to me?"

Feeling a smile creep onto his face, Hugo nodded while saying, "I'd love to be your friend."

"Would you mind helping me to the bathroom?"

In one quick movement Hugo picked Cam's body up into his arms, before putting him in front of the toilet. Grabbing a washcloth from the sink he helped clean Cam up when he was finally done puking. Picking him back up into his arms he walked back into his room. Tucking Cam back into bed, he grabbed Humphrey before walking into his kitchen. He quickly stopped walking when he saw his mother sitting at the kitchen table, a large cup of coffee in front of her.

"Good morning," she said with a small smile.

Without responding he sat down in front of her, taking a deep breath before asking, "Did you really quit?"

"I did. I want to be a better person, a better mom. I'm really sorry I haven't been there for you," she said while a lone tear ran down her cheek. He watched as she quickly wiped it away. "Ever since your dad left when Hazel got sick, I haven't been the same. I know that's no excuse, and I know you probably will never forgive me. I just hope that we can have a better relationship than we did before."

Looking down at his hands, Hugo sighed while running a hand through his hair. "I'd like our relationship to be better, I really do. But I hope you know we can't just pretend like our relationship isn't horrible. I've had to grow up without a mom for practically my whole life."

He watched as his mom's face fell before he said, "But I'd be willing to give our relationship another try."

"I would love that," his mom said with a small smile.

Giving her one last smile, he got up to walk back into his room. He saw Cam sleeping on his bed, completely snuggled up in multiple blankets. Rubbing a hand over his face he tucked Humphrey in besides Cam before grabbing his homework. Glancing up at the bed, he smiled while looking at his bed. He had never been one for kids or family, but looking at Cam and Humphrey was making him change his mind. Maybe he would be okay with one day seeing the person he's going to spend the rest of his life with, with his kids. That thought made him smile while he turned back to his homework.