Chapter Five: Hugo/ Cameron

Hugo 

Running his hands over his face, Hugo sighed while looking down at his worn out shoes. He had been waiting in the waiting area for a while, no one seemed in a hurry to tell him what happened to Cam, and if he was okay. His parents were able to go back a little bit ago, but of course he wasn't allowed because he wasn't family, which was absolute bullshit. So here he was, twiddling his thumbs waiting for any kind of news.

Popping a piece of gum into his mouth, one of his nervous habits, he started to close his eyes when he felt someone sit next to him. Opening his eyes he looked up to see a man smiling at him. "Hi, I'm Noah Yeager, Cameron's dad."

"Is he okay?"

Noah's dark eyebrows rose while he said, "You seem very concerned about him."

"We're fr-.... partners."

Noah stared at him for a few more seconds before saying, "He's going to be okay. The ball hit him on his shoulder, which ended up being dislocated. When the ball hit him there it went on to hit him right below his ear, thank anything in heaven that nothing was broken."

"I'm glad," Hugo said while awkwardly chewing his gum while looking down at Humphrey in his hands.

"How is that baby doing?"

Looking up he saw Noah nod towards Humphrey, making him shrug before saying, "He's fine. Cam is definitely the better parent. Am I going to be able to see him?"

The dark eyes of Noah were staring at him, making the back of his palms sweat. This definitely wasn't the way he wanted to meet one of his dads. "He can have visitors in a few minutes."

"Thanks."

He watched as Noah stood up before slowly starting to walk away before stopping and turning back around. "You seem like a good kid Hugo." With that he smiled while walking over to another man, who was talking on a phone.

Putting another piece of gum in his mouth, he waited until visitors were allowed back. He had to wait behind many of his teammates and coach, plus Zoe and Harry. When it was finally his turn he walked into the quiet room to see him already asleep. Waking over to the bed he sat in a nearby chair before letting his eyes linger over Cam's body. His shoulder was wrapped up, while his cheek and neck had deep bruising.

Leaning forward, he moved some blonde curls out of his face, letting his fingers linger on his face. He never felt the urge to touch another man like this, so delicately and gentle. Putting his hands back into his lap he yawned right as Humphrey started screaming, making Cam's dark eyes slowly start to open. "Hugo?" He whispered while glancing at him.

"Hey," Hugo said while trying to get the baby to shut its pie hole. "Sorry, I can't get him to shut up."

"He likes it when you hold him against your body," Cam whispered while pointing to his shirt.

Deciding to give it a try, Hugo started to hold the baby against him, stopping when he felt a hand on his own. Looking up he saw Cam sleepily looking at him, as he pulled his body closer to his own. Without speaking he let him pull him closer, ending up sitting on the bed. "I think he likes to feel a heartbeat," he whispered while resting his hand on his chest.

Looking down Hugo swallowed loudly while watching as those long fingers curled up into his thin shirt, right above his heart. When he looked up he saw those brown eyes were slowly starting to close once again. "So sleepy," Cam whispered.

Lightly laughing, Hugo gently put the now silent Humphrey on the chair behind him while saying, "You should sleep."

As he was standing up to leave he stopped when Cam suddenly put his hand on his cheek, turning his face back towards his. "Thank you for coming."