Chapter Thirteen: Cameron

Slowly standing up, Cameron heavily breathed while looking at the girl in front of him, who looked scared. Looking between his parents, he took a hesitant step forward, not understanding how they were able to find his sister. Wait... I have a sister, he thought while taking another hesitant glance towards the girl.

Biting his bottom lip, he took a few more steps until he was directly in front of her. Her long black hair was down around her face, acting like a shield almost. He could see strands of blue, purple, green, orange and hot pink in her hair. There were dozens of freckles sprinkled across her nose, leading up to huge brown eyes.

Giving her a shaky smile he took a deep breath before whispering, "Hi."

His smile faded when she quickly looked away from him, instantly shielding her face with her hair. Glancing up at his father, he saw his reassuring smile before saying, "I'm Cameron. It's really nice to meet you."

When she didn't say anything he frowned again, about ready to give up when he heard, "I'm Cleo."

"I'm going to make some dinner," he heard his father say. "Noah, want to help me?"

"I have to, don't want the house burning down," his dad said while standing up and grabbing his father's hand.

"We'll be in the kitchen, yell if you need anything at all okay?"

With that he watched his parents leave the room, making his awkwardly stare at his sister. Sitting down onto the couch behind him he rubbed the back of his neck, not knowing what to say. After twiddling his thumbs for a few minutes he asked, "Do you want to sit down?

He watched her take a quick look around the room before sitting down on the other couch. When he looked back at her he saw multiple drawings up and down her arms. "Did you draw those?" He asked while nodding towards her arms.

"Yeah."

"Those are all really amazing; I can barely draw a straight line."

He actually started to feel better when he saw a ghost of a smile on her face. "Art is the only thing that gets me," she whispered while sadly looking down at her hands.

Before he was able to respond he suddenly heard knocking on his front door. "I'll be right back," he said with a smile before disappearing towards the knocking. When he opened the door he saw Perry and Hugo bickering.

"Come on, it was not that bad!"

"Even a singing instructor would go deaf after hearing you sing," Hugo was saying as Perry walked past Cameron into the house.

"Uh guys?"

"No way! I'm pretty sure any singing coach would be blown away by my amazing singing capabilities."

"Guys?" Cameron asked a little louder, making Hugo and Perry stop talking and turn towards him.

He thought of Cleo in his living room, making him say, "What are you guys doing here? This really isn't the best time."

"Hugo was having withdrawals," Perry said while Hugo hit his arm. "Ow! Dude, I'm a delicate little flower."

Rolling his eyes, Hugo smiled before looking at Cameron. "Sorry for not calling first. We were just wondering if you wanted to catch a movie with us tonight."

"Oh uh, any other time I would love to. However, tonight is not the best night."

"Is everything okay?" Hugo asked.

"Yeah, it's better than okay actually. My-"

"Ooo is that Kung Pao chicken I smell?" Perry suddenly asked while walking around Cameron and into the living room.