Chapter Twelve: Hugo/ Cameron

Hugo 

Beep. Beep.

Darkness.

What is that sound?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Am I dead?

More darkness.

Cam... need to open my eyes to make sure Cam is okay. Open! Open dammit!

Beep. Beep.

That beeping has got to stop. Just open your eyes. Do it!

Darkness.

DO IT!

Darkness.

When Hugo's eyes finally opened he immediately shut them, the lights all around him basically blinding him. Do it for Cam. Taking a deep breath he opened his eyes once again, taking a moment to realize where he was. Looking around the room he realized he was in a hospital.

Glancing to his left he saw Perry sitting in a chair next to him, sadly looking down at his hands. "Hey," he croaked, which made Perry instantly snap his head in his direction.

"Hugo!" Perry said while wrapping his arms around him. "I was so worried about you," Perry's defeated voice said while he looked down at him. "I... I didn't know what I would do if something happened to you. I can't lose my best friend," he said while his voice started to crack.

"Hey, it's okay," Hugo whispered while wrapping his arms back around Perry's shaking body. "You don't have to worry about that, I'm okay."

"Thank you for waking up."

"What, do you really think I'd leave you all alone? Someone has to make sure you don't explode from all the food you eat."

He smiled when Perry laughed while wiping his eyes. Glancing down at the multiple IV's in his arm, he looked around the room before asking, "Did they find Cam?"

He felt his heart sank when Perry's face dropped before saying, "No. They've been looking for him; they're not sure where Riley could've taken him."

I've got to get out of here, he thought while starting to open his mouth to say something when the door suddenly opened. Hugo watched as his mom ran in, with Hazel and Dawson right behind her. "Oh my baby!" His mom said while wrapping her arms around his body.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Hazel asked while kissing his head.

"I'm fine, just a little sore," he said while pointing down to his abdomen.

He tried to assure his family that he was fine, but they wouldn't listen to him. He knew he was wasting time; he needed to get out there and find Cam. Looking around the room his eyes landed on his clothes, which were folded in a corner.

Before his mom or sister could give him another hug he suddenly said, "Can you guys see if I can get some more water?"

"Of course sweetie," his mom said while practically running out the door.

One down. Two to go. "Would you guys mind trying to find some food for me?"

"On it!" Dawson said while pulling Hazel out of the room.

When everyone was gone he suddenly sat up before he started to take his IV's out. "Uh, are you stupid?" Perry suddenly asked from right beside him.

"You drive here?" He asked while slowly standing up and grabbing his clothes.

"Yeah but Hu-"

"No time. Just trust me okay? We need to get out of here. Now come on," he said while pulling his pants up his legs, wincing from the pain in his abdomen.