You're Reading My Mind | Neuro X Skylor

Skylor's POV

Okay, this Tournament SUCKS. My Father is only hosting this thing so he can steal everyone's powers. I personally don't like the idea of losing my powers, much less to my own power-hungry father, but am I given a choice? No, I'm not. Of course, I DO have a small liking for The Master of Fire, but he is in the same terrible danger as I. And what's worse is that I'm not permitted to tell ANYONE about what Chen's been up to. Tell anyone...but what if that someone can read my mind!

I slowly knocked on the door to the Master of Mind's suite. Neuro soon answered the door.

"Ah! Skylor. You may come in." He was so polite...wait, what?

I stepped inside, and took a deep breath. "Lock the door, please. No one else can know what I'm about to tell you," I said.

"Okay," he said. Neuro then proceeded to lock the door. "What is it?"

"I can't tell you aloud, I am prohibited. That's why I came to you. I need you to read my mind."

He nodded. He closed his eyes. "You have a crush on Kai, you hate the Tournament, you're allergic to peanuts, you—"

"No, I mean about my father..."

"Chen is your father..." Neuro's voice trailed off. "I-I..."

Welp, no use of just sitting here waiting for him to speak. I give him a quick tap on the shoulder. I am now able to read his mind. My god, my powers are SUCH a convenience.

I read his mind only to find something that shocks me. "Y-you...like...me?"

Neuro nods slowly. I must be the biggest idiot in the Tournament for what I did next. I...kissed Neuro. On the lips. He was pretty surprised, but moments later, he kissed back. We both eventually had to pull back for air, and when we did, Neuro's face was the color of Kai's ninja Gi.

"Uh...don't tell ANYONE that that just...sorta...happened..." I said.

"Yes, it wouldn't be very pleasant if someone were to say anything...truth be told, though, that was..."

"Pleasurable?"

"Y-yes."

I kissed him again. He IS kinda cute...