Illuminating A Black Heart | Shade X Reader

Meh. That's what this Tournament was. Meh. You were the Master of Undead, an element that got you glances from across the dinner table, and from anyone else. You were invited to this "Tournament of Elements" by Master Chen. There was absolutely nothing about it that you liked, save for two things, the fighting, and...him. The Master of Shadow, Shade. He was...perfect.
"Yo, Y/N," Griffin snapped you out of your thoughts. "It's your turn."
That's right, the Ninja simply can't trust anyone unless they don't have an Anacondrai tattoo.
You showed them your back, and went back into daydream land.
"I ain't yer spy, and I ain't yer friend either. That staff will be MINE."
You glanced up, back in reality, and realized that Shade wanted nothing to do with this whole story, and that he was rebelling against the alliance.
He eventually found his escape. You wanted to know what he was so worked up about...so you decided to visit him that night...if you weren't so caught up in daydreaming about him.
-Later-
You calmly knocked on the door to the Master of Shadow's Elemental Suite.
"What?" You heard a raspy voice ask in a tone that sounded more like "What."
"It's me."
"Who's me? Bonnie or Freddy?"
You rolled your eyes. "Y/N, the Master of Undead."
"Uh-oh-uh...okay. Come in."
You opened the door to find a room mostly decorated in black and gray, some purple here and there. The lights were off, you figured that. Shade sat on his bed, drawing in his sketchbook.
"So, what do ya want? This ain't a hug fest."
"I was wondering why you were acting all...squirrelly before."
"I ain't a squirrel, Y/N. Imma warrior."
"Why were you acting all jumpy before? When the Ninja wanted to see your back?"
"Listen, sweetie, I don't take kindly to those who ask a lot o' questions."
"I was just curious."
"Curiosity'll get ya no where."
"Can you at least answer my question?!"
"Only if ya can answer mine."
"What's YOUR question?!"
Shade took a deep breath, and spoke. "I know how weird this is...but...I have to know..." He swallowed hard. "Y/N...will ya go out...onna date...with me...?"
Your eyes shot open. Is he really asking you out?!
"Are you for real right now?"
Shade bit his lip. "Y/N...it was stupid...y'know, after the way I acted today yer never gonna-"
You cut off whatever speech he was going into by pressing your lips to his. Shade seemed shocked at first, but he kissed back eventually. It got a bit rougher, and he licked your lower lip. You accepted his request and let his tongue slip into your mouth. You felt his arms wrap around your waist, and you looped yours around his neck. You two were left gasping for air.
"I'd love to," you said.
Shade blushed, and smiled for what felt like the first time ever. "I love you, Y/N."
"I love you too, Shade.