Twelve

Trey,

As soon as we got to the house, the atmosphere changed. Usually when I get home, I feel relieved and happy to be there, but today was the total opposite. Jhene walked into the house before me and went upstairs, so I figured I would do the same. She wasn't yelling at me yet so maybe she was just upset earlier and now she's alright. She just had the cold, blank stare on her face when I got up there.

"What's wrong?", I asked her.

"Don't speak to me.", she said.

"Tell me whats wrong now", I said.

When I said that she turned to me and said, "Leave me alone Trey, I don't want to talk to you right now", and went back to that blank stare she had earlier.

"You're so damn complicated", I mumble.

"Excuse me?", I heard her say. "If you really want to know why I'm angry, no not even angry, furious at you, why don't you ask yourself?".

"The fuck do you mean by that?", I asked.

"Does the name Violeta ring a bell??", she says while glaring at me. My eyes shift a little since I don't really know what to say in this moment.

"Nothing to say Trey?? Why not, because you know I know everything about what happened between you and her while you were on tour. I can't believe you would do some stupid shit like that! Am I not enough for you? All I ever fucking do is love you and treat you right and you go and fuck around with someone while you're on tour?? You've gotta be kidding me. That is one of the lowest things ever and I know it. We've been together for almost 2 years and you go and fuck me over like that, god damn it Trey", she says to me.

"Jhene, I admit I did sleep with Violeta but it didn't mean anything. I love you Jhene", I say walking towards her. She pushes me away and slaps me in the face.

"This is not fucking love! You don't do this shit to someone you supposedly love! I'm done being treated like a doormat!",she says to me.

This is gonna be a long night.

Jhene,

As I say all these words to Trey, I try my hardest not to break down. Its tough loving someone for 2 years and having them do something like this to you.

"Jhene, I admit I did sleep with Violeta but it didn't mean anything. I love you Jhene", he says walking towards me. I push him away and slap him in the face. To be honest, it felt really good.

"This is not fucking love! You don't do this shit to someone you supposedly love! I'm done being treated like a doormat!", I say walking towards the door.

"And where do you think you're going?", he says to me.

"Like you care", I say to him.

In that moment, he pushes me away from the door and blocks me from getting out.

"I don't know where the fuck you're trying to go but your ass isn't going anywhere", he says to me.

I look him square in the face and say, "You fucking thought Trey. You don't run me. I'm my own fucking person and I dont need you telling me what to do."

"Shut the fuck up Jhene! Who do you think you are talking to me like that?!", he says as he slaps me in the face. After he does that, I don't even fall to the floor or shed a tear. I just walk past him and go upstairs.

"You love me huh? Goodnight Trey", I say as I walk up the stairs to our room. I lock the door behind me and grab my suitcase from the closet. I text Rih and ask her if I could come stay with them for a little until Trey and I can be civil. She says yes and I begin packing my things. I never thought this day would come, where I'd be leaving Trey due to something so stupid and immature. I hope he learns from this because after I get all my things, I'm never coming back to him. He thinks he can treat me any kind of way but he doesn't know whats in for him. I sing a few bars from my song while I'm packing.
'Broken promise of, everything that I thought you were, thought you said this would never hurt, that's what it did that is all'. A few tears escaped while I sang no matter how hard I tried to hold them back. This is gonna be hard, but it's for the best.

Rihanna,

A few hours after Chris and I finish catching up, I get a text from Jhene.

Jhene: Hey Rih, things went terrible. I need to talk to you about it ASAP. Do you think I could stay with yall for while? Things aren't  stable here right now.

me: Sure, anything to make sure you're safe. I'll tell Chris to set up the guest room and I'll let you know when it's done.

Jhene: Okay thank you so much, I really appreciate this.

me: Anytime

I lock my phone and let out a loud sigh. Chris looks at me and knows something is wrong.

"Who was that?", He asks.

"Jhene, she and Trey were going at it", I say.

"He deserves it. If you saw how that girl was all up on him, you woulda been way more heated. I didn't even know this shit was going on till the day we were coming back", He says.

"I know babe. At least now she can find someone better for her", I say.

"Yeah, I hope so", he says.

"In the meantime, can you please set up the guest room? Jhene is gonna stay here for a little while until her and Trey can talk without yelling at eachother", I ask him.

"Sure, I'll go do it now", he says.

"Thank you baby", I say, pecking his lips as he walks past me.

*Next Morning*

Jhene,

I get out of bed and look in the mirror, my face has a small bruise and is a little swollen but it's okay. Next I go downstairs to see where Trey is. Today is Thursday so he is at the gym with his trainer. I use this time to bring my luggage down and head to my car. I'm glad Trey isn't here to cause any problems this morning. After all my luggage is down, I write a note to Trey. I grab my keys and head out to my car. I carry and load all my stuff into the trunk of my Range and drive away. I drive a few miles until I reach Chris and Rihanna's house. I beep the horn to let them know I'm here. Chris comes out to help me with my luggage.

"Hey Chris", I say giving him a hug.

"Hey, how you feeling?", he asks.

"Better than yesterday, but not completely normal yet", I say to him.

"Understandable, but let's head upstairs, Rih is dying to see you", Chris says, laughing. I follow him up the stairs where I see Rih. She basically tackles me in a hug.

"Tell me everything girl, I'm all ears", She says.

"I'll tell you a little later, let me get settled first", I say, laughing a little.

"Finee", she says to me.

"Thank you for letting me stay here, it means a lot to me", I say to them.

"Anytime, you're like family to us", Rihanna says.

"Yeah, you've been like my sister for my whole life and I'll always be here for you", he says.

I finish unpacking and collapse on my bed. I start thinking about what happened last night but clear the thought from my mind. This is a new start and it's going to be good.