Twenty One

**CONTINUED**

Jhene,

"Tell me, I got time", I tell him.

"Well, yesterday some weird ass number called me talking some weird shit and I realized it was Trey. I didn't tell you because I didnt want to stress you out more", he begins to say. I shift my weight and cross my arms at the mention of Trey's name and continue to listen.

"I went out for a drive just to clear my mind and I stopped at this little park and next thing you know, his dumbass is trying to strangle me",he says.

At this point I'm growing irritated and infuriated with the immaturity Trey is displaying. I guess August saw the anger in my face because he started talking again.

"I knocked his ass down to the ground and he tried to get at me but I didn't let him, yeah he may have gotten in a few punches but thats all", he says.

"So that is what landed you in the hospital?", I say. He looked a little too hurt for it to just had been a fight.

"Nah, on my way home, I started feeling dizzy and everything was going out of focus and I blacked out on the higway and got into minor accident", he says.

"As soon as I heard about it I had to let you know, he didnt want to tell you first because he didnt want you to worry too much but he will be fine", Chris says.

"Thank you Chris but Aug you still should've told me I could've been here faster", I say to him.

"Nah baby, I'm good don't worry about anything", he says while taking my hand and squeezing it.

We hear a soft knock on the door and then a nurse walks in with a clipboard and some more IV meds.

"August Alsina?", the nurse says with her eyes still on the clipboard.

"Yes?", he responds.

"Good news! Everything is fine with you and you will be discharged tomorrow morning", she says to him.

"Thank you ma'am", he says to her.

"Do you want me to stay here or just pick you up tomorrow?", I ask him.

"Whatever you like", he says to me.

"Alright baby I'll see you tomorrow morning", I say while leaning down to give him a kiss.

"Okay I love you", he says.

"I love you more", I say back.

As I walk into the corridor, I stop at the nurse's station to sign the release papers for August.

"This has been a quite a night", Rih says.

I nod in agreement as I continue signing the papers. After I finish signing them I hand them to the nurse and proceed to walk out of the building.

"Trey needs to stop this shit man, it's dumb and petty as fuck", Chris says.

"Tell me about it, he's lucky I don't go beat his ass myself",Rih says.

"Why does he want me so bad? He clearly didnt show that shit when he was with me", I say to them.

"Don't even think about that, he a lame ass fuck nigga and that's a known fact", Chris says.

We all laugh at his remark as we head to our cars. We say our goodnights and then we are on our way. All I can think about is what Trey is possibly trying to do to get back with me. I don't want his problematic ass anymore, what part of 'We're done' does he not understand? I push the thought to the back of my mind and continue to drive home.