Twenty Two

**3 Weeks Later**

Rihanna,

My birthday is coming up in a few days so Chris said he wanted to surprise me with a mini vacation. He still hasn't told me where we're going and it is the day of the trip. Of course, I'm awake before him so I slighty shake him so he wakes up.

"Damn what time is it?", he asks me while sitting up.

"It's 6AM, we gotta get ready our flight is at 9", I say while opening the blinds.

Chris scrunches his face at the sight of the sun's brightness while he slowly gets up. I make my way to the bathroom to shower and take care of my other hygiene. As I'm coming out of the bathroom, Chris and I almost bump our heads into eachother from moving around too fast.

"Whoa!", I say, barely missing Chris' head.

"We gotta slow down a bit, we rushing a little too much", he says with a laugh.

"Agreed", I say to him, laughing as well.

I walk to the closet and stand there looking for an outfit to wear. I don't need to go all out since we're only going to the airport so I grab a black tank top and some black sweatpants. After I'm done getting dressed, I head downstairs to have a light breakfast.

"Damn, we haven't been shopping in a while, there is damn there no food in this house", I say.

I finally find some cereal, its not my favorite but I need to eat something. I sit down at the island and scroll down my Instagram feed. I come across this picture of Jhene and I like it and comment a few times because I gotta hype up my best friend. When I'm done eating, I go to wash my dish and hear Chris' footsteps coming down the stairs. He's wearing some BP sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Baby we're leaving soon, you got everything you need?", he asks me while lacing up his Jordans.

"Yeah, I just gotta get my bag and then I'm all set to go", I say while putting my socks and slides on. I head upstairs into our room and grab my bag, my bucket hat and my sunglasses and head back downstairs.

"Alright I'm ready, when are you gonna tell me where we're going", I say with an exaggerated whine.

"I can't tell you babe, what would be the point of the surprise?", he says with a laugh while grabbing his snapback.

"C'monn, pleaseeee", I whine again.

"Noooo", he says while walking out the door.

Chris,

All Rih has been doing is begging me to tell her where we're going on vacation and I'm really trying not to give in. I'm taking her to Barbados for her birthday weekend to see her family. They all know about it and promised not to tell her anything so it can really be a surprise. I'm really excited to meet her family and learn more about her culture.

"How about now?", she says to me.

"No baby, you'll see when we get there", I say to her with a huge grin.

"Ughhhh, I hate waiting! I just wanna know already", she says while turning her head away from me.

I let out a slight laugh and grip her thigh with my free hand to try to lighten the mood a bit. She doesn't even know how happy she is gonna be when we arrive.

About 10 minutes later, we finally arrive at LAX and start to go through the security.

"Put your shoes and all your belongings in this bucket please", one of the security guards says.