Fifteen

Next Morning

Jhene,

I woke up to a text from August telling me to meet him at his house so he can take me to the park for a little "date" type thing. I figured since we are going to be outside, I should just dress casually. I wore a slightly gray bralette, jean shorts and a big cardigan. I looked in the mirror and decided that I was missing something. I throw on a black hat and then head out to my car. I text Aug and tell him that I'm on my way and then connect the aux cord to my phone. I press shuffle and then Heart Attack comes on. As soon as I heard Trey's vocals, all I could think about was how bad we ended things with eachother. It's been almost a week since I have seen him and it feels good but something is telling me that I need to go see him and end this on a good note with no hard feelings. I push the thought to the back of my head as I head towards Calabasas where Aug lives. Here by Alessia Cara starts playing and I get a call from Rih. I press the Answer button on my steering wheel and talk to Rih.

"Morning sunshine!", I say to her.

"Hey, where are you? I woke up and I didn't see you", she replies back.

"Ohh sorry I didnt tell you, Aug texted me after I fell asleep last night and told me that he wanted to take me out on a little date in the park", I say.

"Ooooh get it girl!, well have fun on your date and make sure you tell me all about it when you get home", she said.

"Okay sure will! See you later, bye", I say, hanging up the phone.

I pull up into Aug's driveway and wall up to his door. I didn't even get a chance to knock when the door opens and I'm embraced by Aug's arms.

"Hey baby", he says to me.

"Heyy, how are you this morning?", I say to him.

"I'm doing good, how about you?", he says, closing the door behind us.

"I'm doing well", I say taking a seat on the sofa.

"Do you want anything before we go? Coffee? Food?", he asked me.

"Nah I'm good", I answer back.

"Well we might as well get going, c'mon", he says, taking my hand.

He led me out to his car and we drove and drove until we finally reached the park. We got out of the car and set up our stuff.

"This is so relaxing, so peaceful", I say inhaling the crisp air.

"Yeah I know, sometimes I come out here just to chill and to free my mind you know?", he says to me.

"Oh yeah, this reminds me of when I was younger and me and my siblings would go to park with our parents and just stay until we all got tired or hungry", I say laughing.

"Damn, back in New Orleans everywhere was the playground. You were everyone's friend and it didn't matter where you lived, you always saw someone you knew", he says.

We sit in silence for a bit until he starts to say something but hesitates.

"What?", I ask, curiously.

"Nah, it was nothing", he says nervously.

"Pft, tell meeee",I begged him until he finally gives in.

"Aigh aigh, I was gonna tell you that-- well I-- kinda have liked you ever since I met you. When I met you at Chris' party that time, I couldn't take my eyes off you, but you were with Trey so I have to fall back. But now I feel like I can tell you in confidence and finally get it off my chest", he finally blurts out.

I was speechless for a few seconds and I could see worry flashing across his face.

"What's wrong?", he asks.

"Nothing, I'm just so shocked like wow I can't believe it. Rih has been shipping us forever and I can't believe she was right", I say.

He pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around me as I lay my head on his shoulder. And in that moment, the world seemed like it was doing me a favor and I actually felt real happiness.

Heyyyy guys I'm sooooo sorry I havent updated in such a long time since school and personal problems so I will try to update more. I love yall
This is just a filler btw