Fourteen

~continued~

Jhene,

As soon as Rih called August over, I knew exactly what she had in mind. She was gonna try to set me and him up so I can get over Trey. I can't deny, August is fine as fuck but I don't think we should start out this way, I just want us to fall into place on our own. I snap back to reality when I feel August tap on my shoulder and greet me with a hug.

"How ya been girl?", he asked me.

"I've been doing pretty well actually, thank you for asking", I say to him politely.

While I'm talking to Aug, I see Rih whisper something into Chris' ear and they both get up and leave. When they walk away Rihanna winks at me and I roll my eyes and laugh a little.

"So, how's your music going? I heard you write songs", he said to me.

"Yes, I do write songs, I just write lyrics to describe what I'm feeling at the moment you know?", I said.

"Yeah, I do the same too, I put my all into my music", he said.

"I can tell by the way you sing that your very passionate about it", I said.

"I've never heard you sing", he says to me.

"I mostly just sing to myself or around the house nothing really big", I say.

"Well lemme hear ya! We can go upstairs if you like", he says pointing towards the staircase.

"Okay let's go", I say following his lead.

Once we get upstairs, he leads me into his in home recording studio.

"Wow Aug, this place is amazing!", I say in awe. I always used to go to the studio with Trey but Aug's was way better. It was customized to the exact way he wanted it and I loved it.

"Thank you, this is the only place with sound proof walls", he says laughing a bit."So what song are you gonna sing for me?"

"Uhh, I have this one song I'm working on, its called The Worst", I say.

"Aye, I can't wait to hear it", he says looking at me.

"Tell me what you say now, tell me what you say come again. If you cannot stay down, then you do not have to pretend, Like there is no way out, I should've never let you in, cuz you got me face down", I sang. I sang the rest of the song and then waited for Aug's reaction.

"Wow.", he said.

"What? Was I bad? Was I good? What is it?", I questioned.

"Nah, you were amazing, why aren't you out there yet? You got such an amazing voice that needs to be shown off. Imma ask Chris and see what I can do", he says to me.

"No no Aug, you don't have to do that. I'm not that good, I mean am I?", I say.

"Listen J, you are amazing and your talent deserves to be shown off", he says.

"I guess so", I say.

"Keep your head up baby, it only gets better from here", he says looking into my eyes.

I don't know if it was what he said or my emotions but in the moment i felt this weird feeling come over me. I walked over to him to give him a hug and as soon as the hug was over we kissed. This kiss wasn't like any other one, this one had meaning behind it and I liked that.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just-",I began to say before August cut me off.

"No need to worry, I liked it", he said smiling.

For the rest of the night we just talked and talked and for once I let my guard down and was comfortable around him. It felt great.

"Damn, its getting late", he says.

"Holy shit, its 1:30 am!", I said slightly panicking.

Due to the fact that there was soundproof walls in the studio we couldnt hear whether the party was still going or not so we went downstairs only to see Chris and Rih and stacks of solo cups around them.

"Where y'all been?", Chris asked us.

"Yeah! What y'all been up to", Rih sais grinning.

"Nothing, just talking", I said to them and Aug nodded his head in agreement.

Chris,

A while back Aug and Jhene went upstairs and never came back down. I assumed they were just taking a tour of Aug's house so I didn't care too much. But as the party started slowing down and everyone cleared out, Rih and I were wondering where they were. About 10 mins after everyone left, they came downstairs and saw us standing in the midst of cups and other stuff.

"Hey guys!", Jhene says.

I just give her that 'I-know-what-you're-up-to' stare and she starts giggling.

"Where y'all been?", Rih asks.

"Yeah, What y'all been up to?", I ask them.

"Nothing, just talking", Jhene said as August nodded in agreement.

Just talking my ass. I know they were up there doing more than just talking by the look in Jhene's eyes. Ever since the first day I met her, I always know when shes done something because she gets that certain look in her eyes. Not such a guilt type look just a look like she was up to something. When we all head back home imma interrogate her ass and seee what really went on, but for now, imma let her play her little game. I am happy though because this is happiest shes looked in the past few days. Rih knew what she was doing and I'm pretty sure Jhene did too but at least the outcome was good.

"Aight, we gotta go. Its late as fuck and I gotta be at the studio tomorrow morning", I said.

"Okay, I'm coming just give me one minute", Jhene said.

I fake walked out to the car but you know I had to be nosey and peek through the window. As soon as I saw what was going on I knew I was right. Jhene does have a thing for Aug! All I'm tryna figure out when this started because last time I checked she said she ain't like him like that, but hey people change and feelings change. I finally left the window and went to the car and waited for Jhene to come out. She came out smiling and thats how I knew it was real.