Chapter 6: Jadis... Queen of Narnia?

"Impossible," Susan said breathlessly, looking around in awe

Amelia spotted Edmund walking out from the wardrobe and before she could stop herself she proudly stated, "Don't worry, I'm sure it's just your imagination."

Edmund snapped his head towards her when he heard those words tumble out of her mouth. A small smirk rested comfortably on her lips as Edmund glared in spite. She had used his own words against him.

Peter nervously cleared his throat from the other side of the small clearing, "I don't suppose... saying we're sorry would quite cover it?"

"No... it wouldn't," Lucy said, shaking her head slightly in disapproval. Suddenly, before Amelia could even blink, Lucy threw the snowball that she had been hiding behind her back. It hit Peter right in the face, "But that might!"

Amelia laughed joyfully, along with Susan, Lucy and Peter. The two older siblings gathered their own small supplies of snow before the three of them started throwing snowballs at each other with no mercy. Amelia bent down, prepared to add her own skills to the fun, but the second the skin of her hand grazed the snow a sensation of searing pain raked throughout her body and she pulled her arm back in shock.

The other three continued, taking no notice of the girl. Amelia tried again, but once more she failed. The pain was like a bolt of electricity, sharp and quick but it could only be described in one word; excruciating. Amelia was then brought back to yesterday, the day Lucy had first discovered Narnia. Amelia was reminded of the cold she felt whilst standing outside the wardrobe, staring at it confused while the Pevensies argued around her. Amelia was scared, terrified even, but she simply told herself that she was being foolish. She refused to ruin this moment for the Pevensies. Their encounter with Narnia, Amelia felt it was much too important to destroy.

"Ow!" Edmund yelped, bringing Amelia out of her thoughts, "Stop it!" He held his arm - most likely in pain and irritation - but Amelia wanted to burst out laughing at the sight. It was just a snowball. Her extreme dislike for the boy only blossomed more. She found their relationship was like a weed. Never wanted, never needed, never beautiful.

"You little liar!" Peter sneered before stalking closer to him.

"You didn't believe her either!" Edmund accused, trying to get out of the predicament he had found himself in.

"Apologize to Lucy," Peter demanded, his face almost blank. Once the silence pursued his expression contorted into anger, "Say you're sorry!"

"Alright!" Edmund snapped, giving in to the pressure, "I'm sorry."

"That's all right," Lucy calmly replied, "Some little children just don't know when to stop pretending."

Lucy looked on smugly and Edmund frowned at her words. Once again the sounds wich had rolled off his own tongue had been thrown back at him.