Chapter 14: Aslan...

Amelia had always adored the rain. While it drove her mad sometimes, what with the strange lions and centaurs that always seemed to form, she admired its beauty. She loved the pitter-patter that echoed off the rooftops; she loved the cool air. Rain had always been a sign of peace for her, but now it seemed that her whole world had come raining down.

The moments after the witch had concluded her story were the longest moments of Amelia's life. The thoughts ran through her head faster than she could comprehend them;

I am the Silvanus.

My father is a Warlock.

My mother is the White Witch.

I am a Narnian.

I am not human.

My father stole me.

He abandoned my mother.

My mother is ruthless and terrifying.

I am Amelia Cromwell.

I am not human.

I am the Silvanus.

She sat down on the ice-blue sheets while running her fingers through her hair. Who am I? Everything I've ever known was a lie. Amelia yanked at her roots, wondering if the pain will jolt a sense of belonging- a sense of home in her new identity. It was all simply just too much.

It was at this moment that Amelia's visions decided to return. She saw the White Witch and her father standing side by side in the stitching of the sheets. She saw them kissing in the patterns on the walls. She saw them gazing lovingly at a child in the pictures on the vase. She saw her father, holding her in his arms, with the lining of Big Ben behind him in the threads of the carpet. They were everywhere, haunting her; reminding her of the people she could've saved with her supposed powers. All the trouble that the Narnians could've evaded if she were here...

"Ame-"

"No!" Amelia interrupted, "Do not say a word, or I might just kill you."

The witch was not surprised, "I thought that might be your reaction. We are, after all, natural enemies. It is but normal."

"Oh please, in what world is a mother and her child being natural enemies normal!" Suddenly, Amelia's past few days of anger, confusion and fear spontaneously burst into an onslaught of fire and flame. Amelia looked up from her place on the bed, a livid look on her face, "You dare to tell me that it is natural for me to hate you! All my life, the thought of my mother- a beautiful, talented and kind woman- drove me to do my best in absolutely everything! I thought of her every time I was upset and every time I was angry! She was my rock, the only constant thing I ever had! And now I come here and you tell me that you are her? You tell me that you are the woman I have been dreaming about my whole life! You? The nastiest, most evil, disgusting and rude witch in every world there is?"

Amelia couldn't take it anymore, everything just boiled to the surface; Edmund's capture, Tumnus' death, all of it. She stood up in a rage, "I hate you!" All of a sudden, a violent wind tore through the room, knocking over vases and paintings, "I hate that you're my mother!" the ground shook and cracked; strings of vines and vegetation starting growing and latching onto the witch's ankles, "I hate that you never tried to get me back to you!" Amelia wasn't sure what happened, but a surge of power suddenly flew through her and she screamed with all the power in her lungs. The room suddenly glowed green and Amelia emptied all her air. She could see her skin, glowing like the stem of a freshly planted flower.

"ENOUGH!" the voice dragged Amelia out of her trance-like scream. Amelia opened her eyes just in time to see the witch turn the vines into stone and magically silenced the wind. Amelia's glow subsided and she collapsed onto the bed, panting.