Chapter 16: Death and Life. Heart and Home.

"How do I know that your promise will be kept?" The Witch echoed from her throne

"How do I know that your promise will be kept?" The Witch echoed from her throne. Amelia and Edmund pulled apart to face the two leaders. Aslan suddenly let out a mighty roar, causing Amelia to jump. The Witch sat down on her throne with wide eyes, shocked. The Narnians laughed and cheered.

Amelia smiled once again and pulled all the Pevensies together for a hug. The Narnians around her rejoiced and hugged each other. The Witch was carried away, along with Amelia's fear. The siblings all let go of the young girl and started celebrating with the Narnians around them. Amelia caught sight of Lucy, staring off into space. Amelia followed her gaze and saw the lion, his face slightly solemn. She sighed, assuming the negotiations took a toll on the lion. Aslan walked back into his tent and Amelia walked over to Lucy, placing a delicate hand on her shoulder.

"He is probably just exhausted from the negotiations," Amelia assured her, "Believe me, that lady can be a handful."

Lucy giggled at this, "You have to meet my friends!"

Amelia laughed as Lucy dragged her off into the sea of Narnians who welcomed the Silvanus with open arms.

"Oh, my lady, it only got worse! The dwarf had the audacity to fart, while we were stuck in the bloody chimney!" Amelia laughed so hard her eyes started tearing up. She and the Narnians had been celebrating around a campfire for quite some time. Lucy, Susan and Peter had already stalked off to bed, but Edmund sat beside her – his laughter echoing throughout the camp.

"But why did you both go into the chimney?" Amelia asked the badger, still giggling lightly.

The badger, known as Koran, shrugged, "I ask myself that question every day."

The Narnians around the fire broke into another fit of laughter. Amelia laughed along with them, very content. The Narnians had dragged her into the celebrations immediately and she enjoyed them greatly; though she insisted that they call her Amelia and not 'my lady' but none of them adhered to her request.

The Narnians were very joyful and loving creatures. She knew that, as the Silvanus, it was her duty to protect them and she knew, in her heart, that it would be her pleasure. She didn't know what help she would be in their protection, but she knew that she would do everything she could. They didn't deserve the cold winter that is The White Witch. They deserved freedom, prosperity and summer.

She felt strange but, at the same time, at home when she spoke with the Narnians. To her, animals such as Cheetahs, Badgers and lions could not talk... but to no avail, in Narnia they all did. Even the trees. Amelia could hear them whispering every now and then as they surrounded their little group.

Edmund turned to face Amelia and she did the same, smiling at him.

"I have something to give you," Edmund spoke, fiddling around in his pocket, "Peter said they ran into Father Christmas on the way here, and that he had a present for you."