Chapter 19: Long Live the Kings and Queens

The trumpets sounded and the Pevensies, alongside Aslan, began their walk down the long red carpet, between two rows of centaurs who raised their swords as the soon-to-be kings and queens walked passed

The trumpets sounded and the Pevensies, alongside Aslan, began their walk down the long red carpet, between two rows of centaurs who raised their swords as the soon-to-be kings and queens walked passed. Amelia smiled as she watched them walk; the Narnian clothes suited them well. All four of them looked at home, as if this was where they were meant to be. Amelia waited until they were halfway down the carpet before followed. She tried her best to walk slow, placing one foot delicately in front of the other, but the stares of the Narnians around her made her slightly nervous. Heaven knew she had a tendency to trip when under pressure.

As Amelia walked she nodded at each centaur, faun and animal that stood at the edge of the carpet. Her own way of showing her thanks. They put their safety at risk on the battlefield all those few weeks ago, and now she had to repay them and she would do it in the little things, each and every day.

The Castle was truly a magnificent sight. No room nor corridor was closed off from the outside world. Everything was filled with windows and open walls, giving light and fresh air. The stone was so beautifully carved, so intricate in its patterns. It was, most certainly, the place for Kings and Queens.

Ahead of her, at the edge of the carpet, The Pevensies paused in their step before the thrones. Four large stone chairs stood proudly at the head of the room, each one different but similar. Amelia caught Edmund's eye as he glanced back at the Silvanus - still slowly making her way to the head of room. She sent him a small smile which he returned before stepping forward to his throne at the far left of the row, his brother and sisters doing the same.

Aslan also rose to the top of the platform, just as Amelia reached the head of the long walkway, and began speaking, "To the East of the glistening sea, I give you Queen Lucy; the Valiant."

Amelia took that as her cue and raised her hands, the leaf pendant on her neck glowing heavily. Out of the large brass bowls that surrounded the room, she pulled the water to her and sent it in streams through the Narnians. Each stream was like a flying snake weaving through all the people gathered before them. The crowd gasped, amazed at the spectacle. Amelia smiled as she heard the excited whispers and continued to weave the water through the crowd. Once it got to the end, right at the back of the room where the walls opened to the sea, she meshed her hands together and the water gathered into a little ball in the air. At the clench of Amelia's fist, the water exploded into a mist that fell over the crowd.