Chapter 15 - Siblings

Sup guys! New chapter here some spicy surprises in this one. Things are starting to get hot in here.

Zatanna couldn't like him. No she couldn't. If she did, he would know. Unless...dang he was dumb. She was blushing. She was frickin blushing! "Stupid, stupid, Stupid" he though while banging his head on the wall, denting it. Now, the question stood, did he like her? He'd never thought about it that way, but now that he did...it was so weird to think about it. Then he realized he just made a horrible mistake. But he couldn't think about that now. Superman was coming and he would kill them all with no remorse. Zatanna had gone to warn the Justice League, so he would warn the Team. He picked up the sword and dematerialized it then ran to the kitchen and started banging the pans together.
"What's going on here!" Yelled Superboy, who was probably having a nap.
"Important news. Get the others."
"What could be more important than a nap?"
"The fate of the earth, maybe?"
"M'gann get down here!" He shouted and started banging on all their doors. Soon everyone had assembled. Adam told them about the sword and the visions but of course left out the Zatanna thing.
"The vision also showed Scarecrow with Vertigo." Said Adam. 
"How could he have gotten it?" Asked Robin.
"He must be one of Luthor's friends." Said a voice from behind them. Batman and the Justice League had just zetaed in with Zatanna.
"About a month ago, I interrogated one of the burglars. Before he was killed by Deathstroke.."
"The guy that killed Superman?" Asked Superboy.
"Yes. He told me that he gave the Vertigo to Luthor's and his friends."
Then the mountain started rumbling. Then they heard a voice. "I know your there. I can smell you."
Everyone looked worried but Adam beamed a smile. "Yes. Oh hell yes. We've got to get down there."
Superboy punched a hole in the side of the mountain, then slid down the mountain. The blonde girl was wearing a casual shirt and jeans rolled up to her ankles and converse sneakers, but she was punching the side of the mountain like she was born to do it.
"What the hell are you doing here?" She yelled. He just hugged her, lifted her up and kissed her on the cheek. Something moved in Zatanna's stomach. Who was this girl? She pushed him away.
"No! You don't get to hug me! Not after what you did!" She yelled at him.
"Ryder pushed through when he was about to face Superman. Oh no Ryder, is he okay?"
"I'm not sure. I haven't seen him since the ambush."
"Umm..and who is this hot lady here?" Asked Kid Flash.
"Oh..umm this is Astrid. My sister. Said Adam. Zatanna exhaled.
"Pleasure meeting you guys." Said Astrid.
"The pleasure is mine. I'm Kid Flash." Said Wally. He took her hand and kissed it.
"Am I supposed to kill it?" Astrid asked Adam.
"How did you get here?" Wonder Woman asked.
"Same way Adam got here. Magic. Are you by any chance the Justice League?"
"Yes. Why?"
"The Justice League, Adam! Your hanging out with the fu..." Adam covered Astrid's mouth with his hands.
"Woah, Astrid. Quite a potty mouth on this one eh? No swearing in front of Batman. Had to learn that the hard way. Excuse of for a moment." He pulled Astrid aside and had a silent argument with her that involved her slapping him across the face and kicking him in the shin. Then they rejoined the group.
"Now that I'm up to speed, I'd like to join your team. Superman's coming. And with his lackeys at that. We need to be prepared to face a threat like that."
"Do you have any more intel that you could share with us about this alternate dimension?" Asked Green Lantern.
"Sure. We can talk about it inside."
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Superman! Kill! The blue tights Boy Scout?"asked a surprised Artemis.
"I've seen him kill many, many people. Almost wiped out the whole earth with the Justice League."
"You have come at an awkward time. We already have another case we need to deal with. With the vertigo in the hands of Scarecrow, we already have our hands full."
"Scarecrow? I took that guy down in diapers." Said Astrid.
"She's not kidding." Chimed in Adam.
"You have experience with fear gas? asked Aquaman. 

"Scarecrow didn't stand a chance." she said.

"Well then, it looks like the prophecy is really coming together." said Martian Manhunter. He pulled up live footage of Scarecrow and his lackeys pumping fear gas into the streets of Manhattan.

"Manhattan?" asked Aqualad. "I thought Scarecrow resided in Gotham city."

"Well that's one fight he couldn't win." Robin said with a smirk on his face.

"If Scarecrow is mixing the vertigo with his own fear gas, the outcome could be catastrophic." said Batman.

"So are we going to stop him or what?" asked Astrid.

"We can use this to see what you are made of. But for now, you need to pick an alias to use in battle. You cannot use your real name." said Wonder Woman.

Astrid looked confused.

Adam whispered to her: "It's something they do. Just go through with it."

"Ok" she said. "How about,..."

"Aftershock."

.....................................................

Whaaat? Adam has a sister! I bet you guys didn't see that one coming. 

Shoutout to my first commenter. You, sir, are the best person ever.