Part 10 - Shackles

Adam woke up chained to a wall by his hands. It took a few seconds for him to recollect all the events that had gone. Luthor had captured he and his friends. The mission had gone terribly wrong and now they were in custody. A door opened and a woman stepped in. She was short and plump and from African heritage. She examined him for a few moments and spoke: "I'm Amanda Waller and you and I have a lot to talk about."
"Ah." Adam said, "so your the one who's hunting me down. May I ask why?"
"I came across some people who claim to know you. They tore apart one of our labs looking for you."
"Hate to break it to you, lady but you've got the wrong guy. Hell, I've only been on this dimension for a month."
"Well, according to survivors, they showed up in what looked like a boomtube and ....."
She never got to finish her sentence because Adam had superheated his hands and melted of his chains. He kicked down the door and took out uh guard with an off-the-wall roundhouse kick. He got into a long hallway, ready for a fight but he saw Robin taking out the last guard with a punch to the nose.
"Wassup, dude!" Said Adam
"I'll go for Connor, you go for Zatanna." He said. As he ran off, he pointed at the door which Zatanna was in. He opened the door and saw Zatanna through a window. She was being tortured with some kind of electric chair. That got Adam angry. He jumped through the window and tackled the man there as he did do. Then he grabbed the man's face and electrocuted him. By the time he let go, his hand was marked on the man's face. He freed Zatanna and she almost tackled him with a hug. He hugged her back and he saw that she was crying.
"They brought back memories.....of my father." She said through the tears.
"I think you should stay here." Said Adam, "I'll be back." He said. He went out of the room and saw his teammates all there. But they were all crying. He wondered what had happened.
"We need to get out of here. " said Connor who was the only one who wasn't having a breakdown.
"I agree." Said Adam.
"Pull yourselves together. This is not the time." Said Zatanna who just came out of the room.
"You don't understand." Said Miss Martian. "That machine.... It brings out your worst memories. Makes you have to relive them...."
At that moment, some men with guns came and took aim at them. Zatanna put a shield around them. Adam and Connor stepped out and took them out and then they advanced. They reached an elevator shaft which they had to go up and they reached the sewers. Nobody probably even knew this place existed. Not even Superman, considering the lead lined sewers. They climbed up and found themselves somewhere in Metropolis. They Zetaed to the base. Everybody walked into their rooms and locked the doors.
"You guys! I think we should talk about what happened!" Adam shouted to them. Robin came out and then Artemis; after that, the rest of them came and they sat in a circle. They explained what the machine had brought out from their minds and when it got to Adam's turn, he didn't know what to do.
"She was questioning me. She said some people were looking for me and demanded to know who they were, probably because they had awesome tech."
"Do you have any idea who those guys are?" Asked Aqualad.
"I don't think so."
"Well, you better figure out, 'cus you do NOT want to piss of Amanda Waller."
"I think I already have."