Chapter 33 - Showdown

Adam woke up, struggling. He was in what he recognised as the cave's infirmary. He was disoriented. The last thing he remembered was fighting Superman. And getting his butt kicked. And Astrid! He took Astrid. Adam knew he rushed of the bed, ignoring the residual pain and limped out. When he opened the door, the he felt the eyes of both the Team and the Justice League.
"Did he take Astrid?" Adam asked.
Aqualad nodded solemnly.
Adam ran for the Zeta tubes but he was held back by Superboy and Aqualad.
"Let me go! He has my sister! I need to save her!" Said Adam as he struggled.
"Adam! You're not thinking straight." Said Aqualad. "Where will find him? How will you defeat him?"
Adam calmed down and sat down and squeezed his hands. He felt helpless. He hated feeling helpless. Suddenly, Superman's face appeared on the TV.
"People of Earth. I have come to claim this place in the name of New Krypton. Surrender yourselves and your impending demise will be swift." The camera zoomed out and a massive ship with the New Krypton insignia appeared in the background.
"Don't worry, Adam." Said Batman. "The Justice League will take care of this."
"Wonderful." Said Adam, sarcastically. Even though he came off sarcastic, those words filled him with hope. In his time in this dimension he had developed bonds with everyone there. He trusted the League to handle this.
The Justice League zetaed out.
"I'll be in my room." Said Adam. He went into his room and dropped on his bed. He took off his scarf and looked at it.
"I'm sorry, Dad, Mom. I let Astrid get taken. But she's going to be fine. The Justice League will save her." He said out loud. He heard a knock on his door.
"Adam. It's us."
"Us?" Adam thought. "Come in." He said.
The whole Team stepped into the room.
"What do you guys want?"
"We just want to make sure you're OK." Said Robin.
"And we want to tell you that you can count on us if you need anything." Said Aqualad.
"Guys, I appreciate it and all, but I'm fine."
"You took your scarf off. You never take your scarf." Said Zatanna.
"Except when he's in the shower." Said Rose.
"You see me on the shower?" Adam asked, smirking.
She blushed and looked away. "That's not what I meant, weirdo."
"Hey guys. I think you should see this." Called Wally from the TV room.
Everyone came to the TV and were stunned to see Superman beating up the Justice League.
"This is Cat Grant reporting from downtown Metropolis were the Justice League is engaging in a battle with the once thought dead Superman. And losing. It seems Superman is trying to take control of the earth."
Adam was genuinely surprised. He was so sure that his friend's mentors would beat him. But they were too weak. Lately, it seems that everyone is too weak to beat him. Everyone except the Phoenix and the Phantom Dragon.
"We're going to have to stop him ourselves." Said Aqualad. "Everybody, gear up."
---------------------------------------------------------
Adam was standing at the top of Mount Justice. He felt the wind his face. He'd always wanted to come up here, but never seemed to have time. This could be the last chance he got to
come here. And the view was amazing.
"You're in my spot." Said a voice behind him. He turned around and saw Rose.
"Well, it's amazing. You've been here before?" He asked her.
"It was the first place I came when I found out this place was a mountain. It's beautiful, isn't it."
"He turned to her and smiled. "Yeah, it is."
There was silence for a while as they enjoyed the view that was before them.
"I know you're trying to hide it, but you're really sad about Astrid, aren't you?" Rose asked.
"I could've saved her, I could have let loose. But I didn't. I suppressed them. Now he has Astrid."
Adam was obviously angry at himself. And Rose knew a thing or too about that.
"You know nothing good comes from letting yourself run wild." She said.
"I'm not going to make that mistake again."
He was going to face Superman. Alone. So he doesn't hurt any of his teammates. His friends. But he didn't know if he would make it.
"Hey Rose?"
"Hmm."
"Thanks. You know when you said you would stand by me whatever decision I made? Did you mean that?" He said, as he stepped closer to her.
"Of course I did." She said as she also stepped closer. They were almost nose to nose and he could feel her breath now.
"Because there's a decision that I want to take right now and I want to know if you... approve."
"What is it?" She asked.
"Whether or not to kiss you."
"Go ahead." She whispered.
Their lips connected. She ran her hands through his blonde hair and he had his hands around her waist. She smiled through the kiss. They finally pulled apart.
"I didn't predict that." She said.
He smiled
"Goodbye." He said. He then wore his hood and put his scarf over his mouth, then stepped of the edge of Mount Justice.
"Adam!"
"He's going to fight Superman on his own." Thought Rose.
She went down the mountain and into the cave.
"Guys, Adam just went to fight Superman alone!' said Rose.
"Then we need to stop him." Aqualad said.
Wally ran into one of the zeta tubes, but then he came out of another one.
"What the hell?" He exclaimed. He ran into it again and came out the same way.
"It's a spell. Cast by Adam." Said Zatanna.
"There's a note here from Adam." Said Kid Flash. "Sorry guys. I can't let anyone else get hurt my account. If you want to kick me out the Team for this, (assuming I'm alive) I'll go without struggle." He read.
"Zatanna, can you break the spell?" asked Aqualad.
"Adam's got nothing on me." She said the proper words, but then she stumbled back.
"Woah! This was tougher than I thought. Give me five minutes."
-----------------------------------------------------
Adam had zetaed straight to Metropolis and was now in full sprint towards the giant ship downtown. He knew this day would come. But he didn't know was that he would be this sad about it. He couldn't help thinking about his Team. Robin, Zatanna, Artemis, Superboy, Kaldur, M'gann, Wally. Rose. Hr found that he was touching his lips, just thinking about her. He hadn't planned on kissing her, but he was sure as heck happy he did. So that if he died, he would go without any what-ifs. Four months ago, he would have gone to give his life to take out Superman without batting an eye but now... .
He saw Superman hovering in the distance and a new wave of anger flowed through him. He jumped up to Superman and punched him in the spine, then kicked him to the ground.
"Where's.My. Sister?" Said Adam.
"Don't get excited that you got a few hits on me, punk." Said Superman.
He punched Adam and he crashed into Superman's ship.
"If you want your sister, I'll take you to her." Said Superman as he flew into the hole in the ship. He picked Adam up and threw him through a wall. Adam crashed and saw Astrid.
She had her hands and legs spread out and covered and her hair was in a mess. She was unconscious.
"What did you do to her?" Shouted Adam. He materialized his swords and swiped at Superman. He grazed him a few times. Superman eventually used his freeze breath on Adam and put him in a block of ice. It didn't take long for Adam to melt out of the ice and sock Superman in the face with a fire filled hand. He recovered and hit Adam with his heat vision and crashed him through another wall. His chest was badly burnt, but healing fast.
"You know that you're a real bitch to kill." Said Adam.
Adam just noticed that he was on a room with the captured members of the League.
"Supposedly Earth's mightiest heroes."
He put his hand into Adam's chest wound that was about to close and wiggle it around. Adam screamed in pain.
"I'm going to rip out your heart." Said Superman.
But something hit Superman away from Adam. It was Superboy. And the Team.
"We leave you alone for five minutes and your getting your heart ripped out of your chest." Said Rose.
"Sit tight, Adam. We'll take it from here." Said Robin.
---------------------------------------------------------
Adam and Rose!! Finally!! So this is the second chapter! But I will still right more on my long ass return trip, so expect a new chapter tomorrow or the day after guys.
Please comment guys. The Co- in comment means completely awesome and the -ment means mentally stable. So that means anyone who comments is awesome and mentally stable. But anyone who doesn't...