Chapter 24 - Old Ways

Hello peeps! I know, I know, it's been a long time. But I had some writer's block, but know I think I've got everything into gear. Thanks to AJAX1319 for commenting. You da MAN... or wo-MAN!!!!! There was a slight mistake in the previous chapter, but it has been corrected.
------------------------------------------------
It had gone so wrong, so fast. Immediately they stepped out of the bioship, some magical runestones popped out of the ground and formed a pentagram. More of those Collector priests started coming through a portal and surrounding the pentagram.
"They're starting the ceremony. They using our powers to summon Trigon! And Astrid as a host" Said Zatanna. She pointed to the amulet which was at the middle of the pentagram.
"Then let's stop it." Said Artemis. She fired an arrow at them, but it was caught in mid air, by one of those tough fighter guys. Two more climbed out of the ground and charged at them. Robin didn't engage. He knew what was most important. He ran towards the pentagram. One of the fighters stepped in front of him, but he quickly slid through his legs and kept running. The priests had now started chanting and circling the pentagram, with the amulet and Astrid in the middle. She was screaming. Astrid's face and turned purple and her eyes glowed a sinister shade of yellow. Trigon was possessing her. Robin knew they couldn't beat him. Hell, even the Justice League couldn't take him down. Robin ran for the amulet to try and destroy it before Trigon took full control of Astrid. As he was about to grab the amulet, he felt a punch at his side and crashed into the snow. He couldn't get up. Then a black sword flew through the air and stuck itself in the middle of the amulet. The amulet had been broken. An energy shockwave was released from it and Trigon was dispelled into nothingness. Astrid fell into the snow while breathing heavily. Then they heard a familiar voice.
"What would you guys do without me?" Said Adam. Then he felt the power surging through him. Zatanna and Astrid were feeling it too. They were lifted about a foot into the air with energy surrounding them. Adam black tattoos appeared on his skin again. They dropped down. And he felt GOOD. He felt his wounds healing, and his arm popping back in the right place. Take that, mommy Robin; who needs casts?
"Looks like the powers' are back on. How's everyone feeling?" Asked Adam, as he set his hands on fire. The snow melted as he walked on it.
"Like I could throw Trigon a hundred feet"(I'm not really sure how far that is.) Said Zatanna.
But Astrid wasn't feeling the same way. She was curled up in the snow, shivering. Adam rushed over to her.
"Astrid, what's wrong?" He asked in panic.
"I...d-don't..kn-know. But I'm so d-damn cold." She shivered. She swore a few times as Adam carried her back to the bioship, while the others were fighting the remnants of the Collectors. He dropped Astrid on one of the seats, and it started getting coated with ice.
"I th-think that the amulet reversed my powers." She said.
"But why? I'm normal." He said.
"And so is Zatanna..."
They watched her. One of the Collectors' fighters tried to grab her. She dodged and used a spell to cover his face with snow. She then smirked and used another spell to turn the snow on his face to lava. Adam stared at her until he felt Astrid's cold hand on his cheek.
"Damn, Adam. She's got you good, hasn't she? But seriously, I think it's because Trigon possessed me."
"Stay here, while we finish up." Said Adam.
"Wait! I could sneeze on 'em. Give them some bacteria." She said.
"Stay." Said Adam. He then ran out and materialized his swords. Hell, that felt good. The priests had started summoning more fighters. Adam smirked. This was going to be fun. He slashed on of them who was fighting Superboy across the neck, and his body turned to dusts. He engaged another one.
"You again." The fighter said. "I should have killed you harder."
"Wait. So your the one who beat me up?" He dropped his swords and cracked his knuckles. "We're gonna do this the old fashioned way, then.
The fighter charged at Adam, and tried to punch him. Adam sidestepped, and elbowed him in the nose. He was staggered, so Adam kicked him behind the knee, making him kneel down and drop kicked him. He crashed into the snow, with his head twisted in an awkward angle, and turned to dust. One of them charged him from behind but he back flipped behind him and snapped his neck. Adam was totally in a groove, until he tried to fire punch one of them and he ducked and kicked Adam straight in the gut. He crashed into Miss Martian who was also having trouble.
"We're going about this wrong." He told her. "We need to go for the priests." Adam got up and judo flipped one of the priests. Then one of the fighters turned to dust.
Miss Martian was watching and told the rest of the team, via telepathic link. They attacked the priests, and the fighters started dropping like flies. Until they figured out what they were doing. The fighters started to form ranks in front of the priests, and they couldn't get to them. They started to overwhelm the Team. Two were holding Superboy down and pummeling him, One of them swatted Miss Martian away like a fly. One grabbed Zatanna in one hand and Artemis in the other and hit them against each other. Another had Aqualad in a headlock while Kid flash was trying to get him out. The last one was stepping on Adam's chest, getting ready to give the final blow. But then, a blast of cold (cold-er as they were in friggin Antarctica) passed around. All the priests were trapped in blocks of ice. All the remaining fighters turned to dust.
Behind them was Astrid. She said:
"Freeze, dirtbags."