Chapter 17 - Stuff

Batman was waiting at the base for them at the base.
"Do you have a sample of the new gas?" He asked.
"Right here." Said Adam as he dragged a struggling Superboy out of the bioship.
Batman rushed over to him.
"Is he infected?"
"Yes. And the old cure doesn't work. What do we do?" Asked Robin.
"It will take hours to get the sample out of his blood and synthesise a new cure."
"We don't have hours!" Said Astrid, as she and Adam tried to restrain Superboy. "Red Arrow B06" said the computer as Red Arrow zetaed in holding a syringe in his hand.
"I see you need this." He said as he held up a syringe. "This contains the cure to the new fear gas."
"How did you get this?" Asked Aqualad.
"I know a guy. Ha, you guys couldn't even take out Scarecrow without casualties. I said it know and I'll say it again. You guys are a joke. Just something for The League to keep you busy with."
Adam stood up and stepped in front of him.
"You come into our base, our house, and you insult us? I know you're quite dense, but I'm only going to say this once. Get...out." Said Adam.
"Yeah? Or what?" Red Arrow retorted. He put the syringe in a pouch on his belt.
"Stand down, Arrow." Said Batman.
Red Arrow pushed past Adam and went to the zeta tubes so furious he bumped into Astrid. He glared at her then zetaed away.
"You shouldn't have done that, Adam." Said Batman. "He had the only known cure."
"About that..." Said Astrid. She brought out the syringe from her pocket. "I got it off him when he bumped into me."
"Nice sleight of hand there, Astrid." Said Robin. "Hopefully, this works."
Robin injected the syringe into Superboy and for three seconds, it did nothing. Then Superboy stopped struggling and went unconscious. Batman put a gauge on his chest.
"The toxin level is reducing. I'm going to synthesise a new cure from Superboy's blood." Said Batman." But for now, you can all rest easy, knowing you did a good job today. You too Astrid." Batman left with Superboy, while M'gann tagged along.
Astrid smiled.
Adam landed on the couch and Zatanna followed him.
"Nice work, standing up to Red Arrow." She said.
"Well, putting arrogant smart asses in their place is kind of my specialty."
"You did good. And about that sword, I've got to go right now, but we should probably look at it together some more."
"Sounds like a plan." Adam said. Zatanna walked into the zeta tubes.
Astrid came over and took her place at the couch.
"Oh, Adam. What did you do to that poor girl?" Said Astrid.
"Zatanna, you mean? She's cool."
"And you really can't see it..."
'See what?"
"And you called Red Arrow dense. She likes you. Like really likes you."
"That's impossible." Adam laughed. "And dating within the team is a really bad idea."
"Whatever. But I saw you sending her vibes too. Do you like her?"
"Now that's absurd."
"Just because there are monsters inside of you doesn't mean you don't have a heart." She poked his chest.
"Hey Astrid." Said Robin."Would you like me to show you around town?."
"Hells yes." She said." Let's go right now." She said. She dragged him over to the zeta tubes and they left.
"I guess it's just you and me, Aqualad." Said Adam.
"Actually, friend, I'm going to Atlantis to visit my king. Perhaps another time." He left the cave.
"I guess it's just me." He sat down with his legs crossed and started meditating. He floated about a metre above the ground and his tattoos started glowing slightly. And then he heard the sounds.

A/N
It's been a long time. I know. But look on the bright side. I'm trying now. I would have started the last chapter, but then Fallout 4 came out(yes, I play videogames) and then there was Star Wars Episode VII(as you can see, I'm a massive nerd) and other complications. But, we're almost at a thousand reads, so Hooray!