Chapter 8 - The Dynamic Duo

Robin's mentor was out of the game after his tangle with Deathstroke so that left him to do all the detective work.

It was 5am and he said at the cave using the supercomputer to get a lead on the latest case. The BatCave was on lockdown due to Batman's injuries so the computer at the cave was the next best option for him to get a lead on the murder of Gabrielle Summers. He was looking at a list of all her family members to maybe interrogate but he was coming up with squat. Both her parents died recently. Dead end. Maybe he could ask Bruce what to do. No, if he did that, Bruce would never see him as an equal and he would be stuck under the Bat's wing. Frustrated, he banged the keypad and the vibration spilled his coffee on him. He let out a small scream-grunt and cleaned his hands. Then, Adam walked out of his room.

"What's all the screaming for?" Said Adam.

"Super hearing." Thought Robin as he rolled his eyes. He wasn't sure about that guy. Maybe it was because of how he felt about Zatanna, but that may not be it. He seemed a little bit off.

"What are you doing this early in the morning?" He asked.

"Batman's out of the game for some time, so I have to work on all the cases."

"I could help you. I'm quite a good detective, if I do say so myself. We could be our own Dynamic Duo."

"Huh....sure." Sighed Robin.

"So whatcha working on?"

"A 23-year old Gabrielle Summers was murdered three days ago. She's from a rich family, but her parents passed away last month. She was killed in her house."

"OK. Can I have a turn with the supercomputer?"

Robin stood up and let Adam use the computer. Personally, he doubted that Adam would find anything that he missed. Adam was checking through all the files. Then he started to go off course. Adam then got off the computer.

"Her parents died a little while ago in a car accident. She must have gotten their inheritance right about now. So, it says here that she has an on and off boyfriend. When she got the money, he must have approached her. I say he's a valid suspect."

"Nice work, Sherlock."

"What do you say we check out Gabrielle's mansion for more clues?" Said Adam as he covered his face with his hood and scarf.

"Sounds like a plan." He said. They zetaed of to Gotham, where the house was.

They knocked on the door and were answered by a maid. She had been taking care of the house, till one of Gabrielle's cousins comes and inherit the wealth.

"Right this way, sirs." She said without questioning them.

They inspected the house, looking for clues. Adam went up to her room. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, his eyes were colored orange and yellow. It was one of the perks of being The Herald. He called it Dragon Vision. He could see things in a different perspective. He looked closely at the window and saw that it was pried open with something like a crowbar. Her boyfriend worked at the hardware store. Clue. Then he saw a ripped cloth on the window sill. It was a ripped cloth, with the same light blue color as the uniform. He went downstairs and met Robin inspecting the body. He looked at the body and saw that the murder weapon was a crowbar.

"Robin, come upstairs. I need to show you something."

They climbed up the stairs and Adam showed him the evidence that he had acquired and started telling him what he thought happened.

"The guy came in through the window and pried it open with a crowbar. She had seen him and they started talking. When she heard that he wanted to get back together, she, with her anger issues, threatened him with that antique knife over there. He gets annoyed and hits her with the crowbar. She swipes at him with the knife and rips a part of his shirt. Then he tackles her and beats her up with the crowbar." He takes a deep breath.

"Wow. That actually makes sense." Gasped Robin. "Next, we confront the suspect."

Adam forgot to change his eyes back to normal so, when they arrived at his doorstep and opened the door, immediately Adam whispered to Robin: "He's going to run."

They stepped into the kitchen and they saw the man chopping carrots.

"Robert Ramirez. We are here to talk to you about the murder of Gabrielle Summers.

The man threw a bowl of flour into the air as a makeshift smokescreen, then threw the knife at Adam. He jumped out of the window and used the window washer plane to get to the ground. Adam caught the knife with a clap and ran after him. Robin chased him with his bike while Adam was going by the rooftops. Adam saw an opening and jumped to the car roof. He kicked through the window and entered the car. Th glass shards had made the man loose control of the car, and they were swerving and the car got into a 360 degree spin. Luckily, Robin shot the grappling hook on his bike and it got caught in the bumper, then he brajed, making the car come to a stop. Adam brought the now unconscious man out of the car and Robin handcuffed him.

"That was awesome!" Said Adam.

"I guess we do make a good team." Robin admitted.

........................................................................Hey guys!!! ABOUT 150 READS!!!! THATS AWESOME. I know it may not seem like much, but thanks for the support!!! I want to see your comments on the book. THANKSSSSSSSS
DDDD