Chapter 21 - Light

Adam and Zatanna were on a helicopter back to Happy harbour. Adam was tired of the snow and the cold. He couldn't wait to see Mt. Justice again. They sat quietly while the pilot flew the chopper across the water.
"Land ho!" Adam shouted. They could see the familiar docks of happy harbour.
After trudging in the snow for a week, they were glad to be going back to dry land.
3 hours later
Astrid was scrawling on a chalk board. She was trying to calculate where the portal would have come out to. But her calculations didn't make sense. She kept getting coordinates from somewhere in the Arctic. She wiped the whole thing and started again. Artemis walked in.
"Maybe you should take a break." Artemis suggests.
"Not yet. When we find Adam and Zatanna, then I'll stop."
"You need to be ready to face the fairly likely fact that they might be dead."
The chalk that Astrid was writing with broke.
"Well, I didn't struggle to come here just to see Adam die! I'm already helpless enough without my powers and now Adam and Zatanna are goodness knows where while I'm stuck here, doing magical math!" Astrid yells.
The zeta tubes activate.
Zatanna B06
Burnout B12
Astrid's eyes widen as Adam and Zatanna step into the cave. Astrid runs up and hugs both of them.
"We thought you guys were goners." She said.
"Me too." Said Zatanna.
Soon the whole Team came and started welcoming their lost friends back home. As Adam was telling the story of how they were rescued, Batman's face appeared on the big screen.
"Welcome back Zatanna, Burnout. I hope you've recovered because I have a mission for the Team. This will be an infiltration mission. You will go under cover into a Lexcorp building. It seems that the Light is having their next meeting there. Do not engage. Just collect information and get out." He disappears from the screen.
"You guys need to rest." Robin says.
"Don't mind if I do."
"You too, Astrid."
"I can still help." She argues." Its an undercover recon mission. So that means no fighting. I could do that."
"OK. Sure."
At Lexcorp
Robin, Kid Flash, Aftershock and Artemis infiltrate the building dressed in civies while Superboy and Aqualad stayed in the bioship in case anything went wrong.
Miss Martian had other duties.
They went into the building together and split up at the entrance.
"I'm scanning for any odd energy signatures. That could lead to a secret elevator or something." Robin said over the com link.
Astrid was looking around the large complex, thinking 'If I was the entrance to a secret meeting of super baddies, where would I be?'. She thought of somewhere discreet, but would not too obvious. She passed by a broom closet, but came back immediately. She entered the small room and looked around. She then knocked on the wooden walls and found out that it was hollow.
"Robin. I think I found something."
They rendezvoused in the closet while Robin scanned the room. He found a huge energy signature coming from behind one of the walls.
"Astrid, you're a genius!" Says Robin. He types on his wrist computer, and suddenly, the supposed wall changed to elevator doors with a keypad.
"Enter Password." Said the machine.
"Leave this to me." Says Kid Flash. He goes to the keypad and starts pressing every possible combination of numbers until he gets the right one.
"Enter biometric data." Says the computer.
"What? They upgraded their security system!" Said Robin.
"Can't you hack it?" Artemis asks.
"Not without being noticed."
"Burnout is on the case." Said a voice over their com link. It was Adam.
"Uploading Lex Luthor's fingerprints onto your wrist computer, now." Said Burnout.
"And I've put the cameras inside the meeting room in a continuous loop." Said Zatanna's voice over the com link.
"Thanks guys."
They walked into the room and saw Lex Luthor and the Light.
"Who are you people?" Asks Sportsmaster.
"Extra guards." Said Astrid.
They stood in the corner while Robin secretly recorded the meeting.
There was Lex Luthor, Queen Bee, Black Manta, Ra's al Ghul and his right hand man and Vandal Savage.
"So, with the kryptonian out of the picture, our plans can go on smoothly." Says Vandal Savage.
"Our friends from the other world will also be of great help." Queen Bee replies.
"But first, the watchtower will..."
"Wait!" Sportsmaster shouts. "These are no guards. The blonde one is Artemis!"
Black Manta's guards point their laser guns at them and they put their hands up.
"Call Superboy and Aqualad and tell them to bust us out of here." Says Robin to Burnout.
"I can't." Adam replies. "Our signal has been jacked."
As Manta's guards were about to shoot, Ra's al Ghul's right hand man took them all out. He transformed into Miss Martian. She telekinetically called the bioship and it crashed through the window. They all jumped in and escaped.