Chapter 13

A few days later, Hermione was woken by the squeals that couldn't be ignored no matter how hard you try. The brunette groaned and lazily  pushed herself up into a sitting position watching as Ginny bounced around the room like a crazed fan girl who had just seen, spoke to and touched Victor Krum. The redhead hadn't noticed Hermione, nor did she notice the deadly glares the brunette was directing towards her.

"Seriously, Gin. Squeal louder I'm sure Hagrid can hear you from inside his hut." Hermione chuckled as she rubbed any remains of tiredness from her eyes.

Ginny immediately froze as she turned to face Hermione, all the while attempting to wipe the huge grin off her face. "Sorry, Mione. Did I wake you?"

Hermione laughed sarcastically. "No Gin, I was woken by the screaming Griffins outside the window!"

The two of them grinned as Ginny made her way over to Hermione's bed and sat on the end of it. The brunette climbed out of her duvets, padded across the room other best friend's bed and yanked the duvet off Ginny's bed before returning to the warmth of her own covers and passing Ginny her blanket.

"What's got you so excited, anyway?" Hermione asked as she tried to warm herself back up again.

"It's Friday!" Ginny exclaimed earning a blank stare from Hermione. "Games night, with Astoria, Blaise - oh and Draco!" She replied, emphasising the name Draco.

Hermione sat in shock for a moment. She could fee her mouth going dry, suggesting that it was probably hanging agape.

"Hello? Earth to Hermione." Ginny waved her left hand in the curly haired girl's face. "What's wrong, Mione?"

"Since when were you two on a first name basis?" Hermione frowned tilting her head to the side.

"Who?"

"You and Draco."

"Well..." Ginny began as her face flushed red. "We're not. It just slipped out. If you ever tell Harry, I will tackle you!"

Hermione raised her right hand and pressed her index finger to her lips. "My lips are sealed."

"I should hope they are." Ginny laughed before being hit by a pillow.

The two girls turned to face the bed to the left of Hermione's bed and found a rather groggy looking Lavender, shooting deathly glares at the two of them.

"Morning Lavender!" Ginny beamed as she waved her hand enthusiastically at the fair haired girl.

"How'd you..." Hermione began only to be cut off by the groggy looking girl.

"Will you two shut up." Lavender groaned, her voice hoarse from sleeping with her mouth open. "I need my beauty sleep and I can't get that if you two are screaming at this time in the morning, can I?"

"Well it is nine thirty, Lavender." Hermione replied with a shrug.

"So it's not necessarily early." Ginny concluded, causing Lavender to jump out of bed and rush into the bathroom. "Lavender? Are you alright?"

"I have a date in ten minutes!"

"But you've got school today." Hermione stated as the fair haired girl dashed towards the dorm room door.

"Sod school!" And with that she flung the door open. "My Won-won is more important."

"What did you just..." Ginny asked, but it was too late as Lavender had slammed the door shut leaving the ginger haired girl in a state of confusion.

***

As Hermione and Ginny turned the corner on their way to the Great Hall, someone jumped on Ginny causing the redhead to squeal. While someone placed their hands over Hermione's eyes, obscuring her view.