Chapter 33

It had been a long night. McGonagall insisted that Draco be taken to Madame Pompfry instantly and that his current state was to be immediately examined. However, that didn't stop Blaise and Hermione from staying in the Hospital Wing all night with the Broken Boy.

"Well?" Hermione quizzed the Nurse as she arrived with the results that morning.

"The good news is that Mr. Malfoy has sustained no permanent damage." Madame Pompfry admitted weakly, even though there was more to be said. "However..."

"Wait!" Blaise exclaimed, holding his hand in front of the elderly witch's face. "Imma stop you right there, sister. If what you're about to say has anything to do with threatening my ship, may I suggest you keep it to yourself."

"I'm afraid Professor McGonagall has made it quite clear that I am to inform the pair of you on Mr. Malfoy's condition." The Nurse stated, gently pushing Blaise's hand away from her face.

"Very well. Let's have it." The Slytherin agreed reluctantly.

"It would appear that Mr. Malfoy's current state can only..."

"Improve with true loves kiss?" Blaise interrupted Madame Pompfry eagerly, batting his eyelashes like a damsel in distress.

The Nurse face hardened as she shook her head. "No, Mr. Zabini, I'm afraid that's quite the opposite of what I was about to say."

"What!" Hermione choked, her voice almost a whisper. "Madame Pompfry, what did your examination prove?"

"Miss. Granger, I'm afraid there's no bright side to this... unfortunate event." The Nurse sighed, as she placed a hand on the Gryfindor's shoulder. "Mr. Malfoy's state will only deteriorate over time, making him a hostile and murderous individual."

"Just like his father." The brunette concluded, tears slipping down her rosy cheeks.

"Yes, it would appear so."

The whole Wing fell silent, Madame Pompfry retreated to her office at the back of the room, giving the two students time to comprehend the situation.

Once the Nurse was gone, Hermione collapsed to the floor in tears as her whole world came crashing down around her. Blaise, being Blaise, did the one thing he'd become good at - comforting the brunette.

He wrapped his arms around the crying girl, allowing her to soak his shirt with her tears as she cried. Although her tears didn't cease, she was thankful that Blaise was there to comfort her, even though it couldn't change what was going to happen.

"Hermione, it's going to be okay." Blaise comforted the curly haired girl, who continued to sob in his arms.

"N- not this time." She argued, her voice wavering with every word.

"Yes." He assured her. "Yes this time. And every other time after that."

"Blaise..."

"And do you know why I'm so confident about this?"

"B- Blaise..."

"It's because you're Hermione Granger! The great war hero who helped defeat the Dark Lord." The dark skinned boy held the still sobbing witch at arms length and chuckled. "If you can't fight through this, then there's something very wrong."

For the first time since being in the Hospital Wing, Hermione let out a small chuckle. "Thank you, Blaise."

As he was enveloped in a hug, Blaise simply grinned at his hard work. "Now. Get your sorry ass up and rebuild my ship."

"You mean, the God forsaken raft that I just watched you dismantle?" The coarse voice of Draco Malfoy sneered from behind them. "Yeah, if you think I'm getting back on that boat - you can shove your wand up your ass, along with your sorry excuse of a girlfriend."

The Broken Boy gestured towards Hermione, who sat there dumbfounded, while Blaise stood up and placed a hand on Draco's shoulder.

"She's your girlfriend, mate. Not mine." He reminded his friend, who stood glaring at him with clouded grey eyes.

Draco peered round Blaise at Hermione, who had picked herself up off the floor and was gathering her things. "Well, if that is mine - I'm going to need a whole lot of soap."

"Draco!" The brunette gasped in horror as Blaise recoiled away from the blonde boy. "How can you say that?!"

"With words, you piece of filth." Draco growled, his fists shaking by his sides.

"Woah! Buddy, that's a bit far." Blaise warned, standing next to Hermione.

"Yeah well, if talking to it is 'a bit far' - then being near it is 'too far' for my liking." The Broken Boy stated simply as though it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Draco, what's gotten into you?" Hermione questioned, almost speechless.

"Clearly, not you."

"Well, if that's how you want to be." She said flatly, shoving past Blaise and heading for the door.

"Oh, Mudblood." Draco called after her as she opened the door. "Come near me again and you will regret it."

"Honestly, I don't doubt it."

The brunette left the Hospital Wing in a hurry, leaving the door wide open behind her. Blaise could hardly believe what he'd just witnessed! He had never heard them fight before; he hadn't expected to. He just sort of hoped that their relationship would be perfect - that his ship would sail the far distance of the world.

"And you." The Broken Boy gestured towards his dark skinned friend. "Stop behaving like you're my... friend."

"Draco, I am your friend." Blaise corrected calmly.

"Don't. Lie. To. Me!"

"I'm not lying."

"Yes. You. Are."

"No, no I'm not!"

"Enough!" Draco snapped, catching Blaise off guard. "Even if you claim to be my 'friend' - I don't wish to have anything to do with you."

"Draco."

"Get out."

"Buddy, let's talk about this."

"Get. Out."

"Please, we have to talk about Hermione!"

"Get out!"

Blaise stumbled backwards onto the floor, watching as his friend's eyes were filled with a murderous anger. The blonde boy grabbed him by the collar and dragged him across the stone floor, in direction of the door. Within seconds, Blaise was being shoved out of the door and into the corridor, the Hospital Wing doors slamming shut behind him.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to mention something that I think you're all going to like.

For those of you that have an Instagram account, I have now created an account so that you guys can get previews at the upcoming updates.

There will also be sneak peeks at some of the upcoming stories that I will be publishing in the near future.

So for anyone who wants to get exclusive updates on my work, log into your Instagram and follow @gossipgirl1703.