Chapter 24

"Hermione!" Draco screamed, banging on her bedroom door. "You need to get up!"

Hermione turned in her bed, covering her face with the pillow. She was already awake and had been since two in the morning, considering the fact that she fell asleep on the floor. No matter how many times she told herself he didn't care, she just couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Hermione! I swear, if you don't get up I'll drag you out of that damn bed!" Draco pounded on the door again.

The Gryffindor groaned as she reluctantly climbed out of the duvet and headed to the door. She pressed her ear against the dark wood. "Go away!"

"Hermione, you missed breakfast! I know it's Saturday, but I thought you'd like to accompany me to Hogsmede."

She swung the door open in rage, she couldn't believe what he had just said. "Well, I thought you didn't care!?"

Draco was taken back, what was she talking about? She was standing there, with her arms folded over her chest, looking up at him with tears in her eyes. "I... I never said that."

"Yes you did!"

"When?"

"Right after you called me Mudblood!" Her eyes widened and she slapped her hand over her mouth.

Draco stood there in horror, he had sworn to his mother that he would never utter that word again. He didn't understand: what was going on?

"Hermione, listen I..."

"Save it, Malfoy!" She raised her hand to silence him. "I don't want to hear it! I can't even stand the sight of you! You and your pure-blood pride!"

And with that she slammed the door shut tight, leaving the Slytherin Prince standing there in shock. He had never in his life lost someone close to him, not even a friend! But Hermione had been the closest thing to a real friend Draco had and now she can't stand the sight of him!

He picked up an ornament from the mantelpiece and threw it at the wall in rage, before falling to his knees. He didn't really know how he felt, there was too much going on. Anger. Regret. Pain. But most of all Confusion. He might not be the Brightest Wizard of his Age, but Draco was certain of one thing and one thing only. He wasn't even with Hermione last night!

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hi Guys,

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. I know, it's short. I'm sorry! But I think it's enough to keep you wondering. Here are some of the questions you lot are probably wondering:

- If that wasn't Draco, then who was it?

- Where was Draco if he wasn't with Hermione?

All will be revealed. All will be revealed!