Chapter 16

Hermione woke up the next morning and was greeted with a rather abnormal sight. Astoria was laying fast asleep in Pavarti's bed while Ginny was snoring from the depths of her own covers. The brunette chuckled to herself as she noticed the blonde boy uncomfortably positioned in the small chair over by the bathroom door. Hermione frowned.

"I could've sworn he was laying on the floor last night." She mumbled to herself as she carefully clambered out of bed and left the room

***

It was cold down in the Common Room that morning, Hermione shivered as she wandered over to one of the windows and stared out at the grounds of the School.

Everything was covered in a thin layer of frost, that was only just beginning to melt away. Hermione smiled to herself as she went to the nearest shelf and selecting a book, before returning to the window and sitting down.

Roughly half an hour after beginning to read, the brunette heard someone come trudging down the stairs and into the Common Room.

"Hermione?" The familiar voice belonging to Harry Potter questioned from the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning Harry!" She beamed, not looking up from the book she was reading.

There was a small amount of shuffling as Harry made his way over to his curly haired friend. He took the book from her hands and set it on the small table beside him.

"Come on, 'Mione." He yawned as he pulled Hermione away from the window and dragged her towards the stairs. "Back to bed."

"But I need to go to the library!" The girl argued, not fully understanding her friend's reason for dragging her upstairs. "I have school tomorrow."

"No you don't." Came Astoria's small voice from the top of the stairs.

"None of us do." Came Ginny's voice as they made their way down the stairs.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"Hermione, you're ill." Harry huffed from beside the confused witch. "There'll be no school for you."

"But I'm not..."

"Me and Ginny found you laying on the floor upstairs." Astoria said softly.

"You we're out like a light." Ginny chuckled.

"I was asleep? On the floor? Upstairs?" Hermione repeated as she thought it over. "Makes no sense!"

"First off, you better sit down." Blaise's tired voice suggested as he appeared from upstairs. "It's kind of a long story."

***

"So I have the flu?" Hermione repeated for the third time since hearing the end of the explanation.

"For the last time, 'Mione." Harry chuckled, knowing how much this was bothering the brunette. "Yes, you have the flu!"

Hermione opened her mouth to ask another question, but Ginny quickly cut her off.

"And that means no school for the whole week." The redhead chuckled as she draped her arm round Hermione's shoulders. "But don't worry, you'll have all of us here to keep you company."