Chapter 27

"Well?" Blaise asked impatiently.

"Is he going to be alright?" Hermione questioned, running a hand through her curly locks.

"Mr. Malfoy's condition is..." Madame Pompfry paused for a moment. "An unusual one."

"How do you mean 'Unusual one'?"

"Well, Mr. Zabini, it appears your friend has been a victim of the Obliviation spell. However, when one's memory is tampered with, especially when the obliviation spell is used, their whole memory is wiped, leaving no traces of their past."

"But?" Blaise ushered sensing the woman had more to say.

"But this doesn't appear to be the case - at least that's what my information shows."

"What do you mean, 'That's what your information shows'?" Hermione questioned getting up off the chair at Draco's bedside. "Who else has recorded Draco's current state?"

"No one as of yet, Miss. Granger." The nurse assured the Gryfindor. "However, Professor McGonagall wants to transfer Mr. Malfoy over to St. Mungo's - where they can..."

"No. No. No." Blaise exclaimed rushing over to his fragile friend, who lay asleep in a hospital bed. "He is not going anywhere! He will stay here where I can be sure he's safe!"

"Mr. Zabini, I do not think the matter is open for discussion. Professor McGonagall's decision is final." The witch approached placed a hand on Blaise's shoulder. "I know you want what's best for Mr. Malfoy, but St. Mungo's is full of highly trained healers who, quite frankly, are more experienced than me."

The Slytherin looked back at Hermione, who was hardly paying attention to any of the conversation. He could tell she was struggling to focus on anything and quite possibly - everything. He rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Fine. But only because I care!" He huffed, which caused Madame Pompfry to smile.

"Well. In that case, take this." She handed him a small vile labeled Sleeping Draught and gestured towards the curly haired girl. "Make sure she takes this every night before she goes to bed. It'll make things easier."

"What about me?" Blaise asked feeling offended by the nurse's comment. "I worry too!"

"Yes, I can see that, Mr. Zabini." She turned him around to face Hermione, who was now wandering aimlessly around the Hospital Wing. "However, she is lost without Mr. Malfoy - they complete each other. Without the him there she is lost. Trapped in an circle of fear and grief."

Blaise chuckled slightly not believing a word. "So you're saying she's in love? With Draco? I'll admit, I ship Dramione as much as the next person does, but this - this will break them. Both of them. And besides, Theodore is convinced Draco is incapable of love."

"Mr. Zabini, anything is possible if you chose to believe in it." Madame Pompfry said with a shocked tone to her voice. "But in answer to your questions - Mr. Malfoy may seem incapable of love, but it's like I said; They complete each other. From what I have witnessed over the years, Mr. Malfoy doesn't understand his own feelings yet, let alone anyone else's. But with Miss. Granger, he understands everything so clearly, it's as if he was never unsure." She lightly patted the Slytherin boy on the shoulder. "Think about it."

And with that she disappeared off into her office, leaving a rather confused Blaise watching a lonely Gryfindor as she stared out of a window at the rain. She looked... Lost.

"Oh dear Merlin!" Blaise gasped, trying not to catch her attention as he realised that what Madame Pompfry had said could be true.