Chapter 26

Silence filled the bedroom, none of the five dared move. They wanted to make sure he woke, but so far - there was no improvement. Ginny was sat beside an infuriated Harry, cradling him in her arms. While, Astoria stood sobbing on Theodore's shoulder over by the bathroom door. Blaise sat at the foot of the bed, not wanting to leave his best friend.

Hermione sat in the window watching the rain roll down the glass. She hadn't been in the bedroom since Blaise threw Ron out, she couldn't stand the sight of Draco laying there, motionless. She had never felt so helpless in her life!

"May I?"

Hermione nodded, not needing to see who was asking. She didn't really care at the moment. Blaise took a seat opposite her and smiled sympathetically at her. The two sat in silence for a while and before long, Blaise broke into sobs.

"What if he doesn't wake up... Then what will we do?" He whimpered, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Blaise..." Hrmione sighed, placing a hand on one of his knees. "Let's not do this - not now, anyway."

"Do what?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"Assume the worst before it happens. There is a chance that what... Ronald did is only temporary."

"Yeah, but how big is that chance." He huffed, turning to look out of the window.

Hermione sat back against the cold stone wall and sighed. "I... I don't know."

The room lasped into silence once again as the two students sat staring out of the window at the dull outside world. A small, sarcastic chuckle broke the silence.

"Well, I'm glad to know you two had some faith in my recovery." Draco's hoarse voice filled the quiet room.

Within seconds, Blaise had jumped off his seat and rushed towards his blonde friend, throwing his arms around his neck.

"I never doubted you, buddy. Not even for a second." Blaise stated as he tightened his grip on his friend.

"Sure you didn't." Draco chuckled, prying his dark skinned friend off of himself. He turned his attention to the frizzy haired girl sat in the window and frowned.

"Granger?" He questioned, causing Hermione to turn to face him. "What are you doing here?"

"Draco, I live here." She said, her voice wavering slightly.

"No. You live in the Gryfindor Common Room, with Potter and Weasley."

A gasp escaped the Head Girl's mouth as she stood there consumed in horror. Blaise's mouth was hanging open as he continued to watch the problem unfold before his eyes, completely unaware that he might be able to help the situation.

"D- Draco." Hermione on choked on the tears that were now spilling down her cheeks. "W- what do you remember?"

The blonde boy frowned at the brunette's question. Why would it bother her? Nevertheless, he answered it anyway. "I remember everything from the beginning of term until a few weeks ago."

"I'm going to kill that ginger scum bag!" Blaise suddenly announced, causing Harry, Ginny, Astoria and Theo to come rushing in.

"What's going on?" Harry frowned, glancing from Blaise to Draco and then Hermione.

"Ronald. That's what." The curly haired girl stated between sobs.

"What did he do?" Ginny asked, comforting her brunette friend.

"I'll tell you what he did." Blaise growled, pointing at Draco. "Your scum bag of a brother has messed up Draco's memory!"

"You mean..." Astoria began, coving her mouth with her hand.

"Ronald erased part of Draco's memory?" Theodore concluded.

The room fell silent as they all began trying to think of a way to help the blonde boy, who stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, not understanding what was going on.

Something was nagging at him from the back of his mind, telling him that he was missing something, but he couldn't fathom what it was. Perhaps he was crazy, but he was sure it was something to do with Granger. In fact, he was almost certain of it! He just wasn't sure what it was.