Chapter 23

That night, Draco and Hermione had been sent to the Head Prefects dorm room, where they'd spent most of the night in utter silence, unsure of what to say to each other.

"Hermione?" Draco questioned as the two of them sat on the sofa peacefully.

"Yes?" She responded, not looking up from her book.

"Do you love me?"

The Gryfindor Princess closed her book rather abruptly and sighed. "Do you trust me?"

Draco was confused by the reply she had given him. She was answering his question with another question!
"Are you avoiding my question?"

"Draco. Of course not! I just wanted to see what you'd say." She chuckled, as she got up and headed towards the bathroom door.

"I do."

Hermione looked at him gone out for a moment, unsure of what he meant, causing the Head Boy to smirk. "I mean; I trust you."

"Oh right." She yawned, as she closed the door behind her.

Draco knew that there would come a point when things would change between the two of them - and he thought today's events would've done the trick. But no! I was clear to him that Hermione Granger, the Brightest Witch of their Age, was slowly, but surely, falling in love with him.

"Draco? What are you thinking about?" Hermione asked tiredly, leaning over the back of the sofa.

"Nothing Mud..." The blonde boy started, stopping himself quickly. "I'm just thinking about us."

"Right." Was all the brunette said before going into her room and shutting the door harshly.

Hearing that response sent Draco into panic. Had she heard him almost call her 'Mudblood'? Had she noticed the change in his tone of voice? He sighed and swung his legs up onto the sofa. What if she leaves me? The Slytherin broke out in laughter.

"Hilarious, Draco. Hilarious." He chuckled, getting up off the seat. "It's such a pitty I don't actually care!"

And with that he locked himself in the bathroom.

Hermione slid down her door, unable to hold herself. He doesn't care? He doesn't care! The more she thought about what she had just heard, from inside her room and out in the Common Room, the more she wondered what was actually going on.

"Forget it, Hermione." She sighed resting her head on the door. "He doesn't care."

She got up off the cold floor and began heading over to her bed. She took no more that three steps before collapsing onto her knees in tears.

"He doesn't care. He doesn't care." She sobbed continuously until eventually, she was sound asleep.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hey Guys!

I'm aware this is a short chapter, but trust me - it will be worth it. Thanks for all your support!