Chapter 36

"I still don't understand."

"Neither do we, buddy. Neither do we." Blaise sighed, placing a hand on Draco's shoulder.

"But my father is in Askaban." The blonde boy persisted, pulling the blanket further round his shoulders.

Hermione shrugged. "It's what I saw, Draco."

"Yes, and I'm not saying I don't believe you, but..."

Blaise cleared his throat rather loudly, grabbing the couple's attention, before shaking his head to warn the blonde boy. Hermione saw, narrowed her eyes on the boy and calmly got up and moved to the window.

"What up with you?" Draco hissed at his friend, slapping his arm. "She saw that!"

Blaise sat there rubbing the area of his arm where Draco had hit him. "Duh, that was the point."

"What are you on about, Blaise?"

He glanced over at Hermione for a quick second before turning back. "I don't think it was Lucius."

"And you're telling me this, why, exactly?" Draco crossed his arms over his chest.

"Because I've been dying to tell someone for weeks! And I didn't want to destroy her any further."

The blonde boy sat forwards, frowning as he came to terms with what his friend was telling him, and slowly nodded his head. "It would make some sense. I mean, my father is still in Askaban, I can assure you. But, why would 'Mione lie?'

"Perhaps it was her longing for you that drove her into delusion?" The dark skinned boy shrugged. "Who knows."

The two boys sat for a moment, thinking over what had just been said, when Hermione strolled over, picked up her book and went into her bedroom. Not a word was muttered. Not even one!

Draco winced slightly as the door slammed shut behind her. "I think she heard us."

"So what?" Blaise asked, getting up from the sofa and stretching.

"Blaise, I don't think you get it. Hermione..."

The dark skinned boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Hermione heard us. So what? Boo hoo."

"What has gotten in to you?"

He expression softened, as if he'd forgotten where he was for a moment. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm really tired and, well, she didn't exactly make it easy for me to sleep at night."

"No, it's fine. I get it, really." Draco stood up and smiled. "Thank you, for everything, Blaise."

"Hey, it's no problem." The boy grinned. "For what it's worth, I got to spend quality time with Hermione!"

"Right, well, I'm off to bed. I'll see you in the morning, buddy."

Blaise headed for the door, pulling it open. "Yeah, I have errands I need to run."

Instantly, Draco glanced at the clock and frowned. "It's half ten! You're missing Keeping Up with the Kardashians."

"I do not watch that!" Blaise replied defensively. "But seriously though, I have stuff to do, things to watch, Kardashians to love... Exactly how much have I missed?"

The blonde boy smiled and rubbed his eyes. "Goodnight, buddy."

But it was too late, Blaise had fled from the room in a hurry, determined not to miss another minute of his time with the Kardashians. Draco shook his head and chuckled, going into his room and closing the door softly behind him.