Chapter 34

"Hermione!"

"Draco?" The young Gryfindor student questioned, her voice shaky as ever.

"Hermione!" Draco's shrill shriek echoed through the darkness.

The brunette girl felt her stomach knot as she listened to Draco's shrieks grow louder. And louder. Until...

"Hermione?"

She jerked round in fright, only to find a rather horrific looking Draco standing behind her, blood trickling down his face. He looked like a rotting corpse that had been left for the rodents to eat away at.

"D- Draco?" Hermione choked as she tried not to focus on his ragged appearance.

"You didn't even try." He says slowly with a slight growl in his hoarse voice. "You let my father take me."

"N- no. Draco I..."

"This. This is all your fault, Hermione!"

"No. This was not my fault."

"You wanted me gone! You sent me to that place! You knew my father would be there!" Draco's grey eyes clouded over with anger as he lunged forward, knocking Hermione onto the ground.

"No! No! That's not true, you know that!" She cried as she struggled beneath the blonde boy's grip, his hand cupping her neck roughly.

"I can't believe I ever loved you! You're nothing but a stone cold murderer!"

"D- Draco." Hermione gasped as her ability to breathe freely slowly became restricted. "L- let... go."

She reached up with both of her hands in attempt to shove him off of her, but her arms were so weak they collapsed back down above her head before they could touch Draco.

Soon enough, her vision began to blur and before long, everything faded into black...

"No!" Hermione shot up in her bed, gasping for air as tears streamed down her face. She was gripping to the duvet with both hands so tightly her knuckles had turned white.

"Hermione!" A muffled male voice yelled from another room.

"No! No! I want to wake up now!" The young witch screamed as she buried her head in her pillow as the bedroom door flew open.

Blaise and Harry came rushing in, both looking as concerned as ever as they made their way over to the bed. Harry sat down in the bed and wrapped his arms around his friend and almost instantly she pulled away, crying hysterically.

"Woah! Hermione, it's alright. It was just a dream - it's over now." Harry reassured the sobbing girl, who was now enveloped in Blaise's arms.

"Draco..." She cried as Blaise calmly rocked her back and forth.

"What did Draco do?" The dark skinned boy asked quietly.

"He - he tried to..."

"To?" Harry quizzed, determined to get an answer.

Before she had chance to reply, Ginny and Astoria came running into the room, their faces displaying nothing but worry.

"We have a problem." Astoria breathed as she and Ginny lingered by the door.

"Can it wait? We've got more important..." Harry began.

"It's Draco." Ginny butted in, not wanting to wait another second. "He left the Hospital Wing and no one has seen him."

Hermione let out a small whimper as she stirred in Blaise's arms. However, Blaise remained determined and returned to rocking the brunette girl back and forth.

"I'll come help you look." Harry stated with a sigh as he got up. "Blaise can you..."

"Do you even need to ask?" Blaise questioned sarcastically. "I'm not leaving her here like this! Over my dead body."

The Boy Who Lived simply nodded and made his way towards the door. However, before leaving he turned back to face his sobbing friend with a frown.

"'Mione, what did Draco do in your dream?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He- he strangled me... Until I was dead." Hermione said slowly, her voice cracking before she could finish.

The dark haired boy's eyes widened in shock. "Blaise, just check her neck, will you?"

Wearily, the Slytherin boy moved Hermione's hair to one side and gasped as a large purple bruise was revealed on the side of her neck. Consumed in horror, he carefully checked the other side of her neck and gasped in disbelief.

"Yeah... 'Mione I don't think you were dreaming." Blaise shook his head, allowing Hermione's hair to fall around her shoulders.

Within a matter of seconds, Harry was out of the door; closely followed by the other two girls, leaving Blaise to comfort the once again horrified Gryfindor Princess.