ten

"So we have a large like apartment in Denver", Harry said explaining me. We had managed to pack up all of our things in about three days. My need to get away from the people I grew up around me to just get everything done and now we were ready. Harry was driving us there and one of his other friends were driving a truck with all of our things there. The drive from California to Denver was 16 hours but I felt like it was going to take a lot longer.

"Its really big and in the city, I know you love cities. Its also really close to your school so you could walk there if you wanted to in the mornings. We are close to a lot of really cool things and its really pretty at night I really think you are going to like it", he explained and I nodded.

 I was nervous about moving to a new place and going to college. I had lived in California with the same people my whole entire life and the idea of having to make new friends was terrifying. I hadn't done to well in California and the idea of having to start new with people who might hate me just as much as the people I grew up with scared me. It was highly unlikely though. I had changed a lot and I knew that there was a better chance of making new friends here than ever.

"What is wrong, Lana?"

"Nothing", I lied, " I"m just nervous about moving and still on edge from what happened. I just cant stop thinking about it."

"Lana, you have nothing to be nervous or anxious about", he said bringing his hand over to my thigh.

"Yes I do. I don't think you realize the severity of what happened there and how hard it is for me to just pick up and move."

"It is over, Lana", he snapped at me," Its all over and we don't have to think about it anymore. We did we had to do and that is that. Don't fight me on this."

I wanted to fight him on this. I knew he was wrong and I knew that there was so much more to this than he was leading on. He couldn't just be so cool about this, he had to feel some kind of sadness for the kids who died. I moved my body so that i was looking out the window and laying on my side . I was going to try and sleep on the the way there. 

I had to let go of this.

-------

"Lana", Harry said shaking my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him, I hated being woken up but I rolled over to look at him and he smiled.

"Where the hell are we?", I asked looking around at the dark hotel. It was nice despite how dark and unwelcoming it was outside. The hotel was very tall and I assumed it had thousands of rooms. It was a tan color on the outside but when Harry and I walked in it had a lot more welcoming colors like rich reds and other warm colors.

"I'm sleepy", he said and I smiled. It sucked that I slept the whole time because now Harry would be sleeping all night while I was wide awake. I felt even worse because of the fact that Harry had to drive for hours without rest. He got anxiety about driving for an extended amount of time without a break and I couldn't help all because I was sleeping.

"How was the ride?"

"Fine, I took a break and got some food like 4 hours in", he said and I nodded," You were asleep for like 7 hours."

"That was really 7 hours?", I was so shocked that I was able to sleep like that. When i was thirteen to fifteen , around the time before I met Harry all I did was sleep. I was able to sleep all day and night and still feel so deprived. I would fall asleep randomly at school or just anywhere in public. It was terrible and it wasn't like I didn't have control over it, I wanted to sleep. 

Sleep was my coping mechanism at the time. If I could sleep I could be in any world I wanted to be in. I could avoid everyone I hated, I didn't have to face my problems and that's what I wanted. I was avoiding all the havoc in my life by sleeping but as soon as I started to get close to Harry I stopped doing it. He was my way of avoiding everything terrible I had going in my life. He was always around to talk to and keep me safe. I never need to run from my problems when I could just run to him.

"Are you okay?", he asked as we reached the front desk.

"I think so", I said and started to zone out again. I really had to think about it. Was I okay? I hadn't slept that much in so long and it could mean something. Was I subconsciously going back into the bad habit of sleeping to avoid my problems. I didn't need it anymore. I had Harry and we were moving away from the prom shooting scandal so I didn't have to worry. 

"You think so?", he questioned.

"Yeah, Well I'm not sure. I feel fine and I think I'm fine."

"Don't worry so much about everything, Baby girl. Just relax."

We went back up to our room and harry immediately fell asleep as soon as he took off his shoes and got under the blankets. I slowly moved myself underneath them too. He wrapped an arm around me and the feeling of being close to him already made me somewhat drowsy. Whenever I was like this with him I knew everything was okay and nothing was going to hurt me. 

I was no longer worrying about all the sleep I had done in the past day or the shooting. I was just with Harry. I was comfortable. I was happy and I was content.