eighteen

Once we knew that Louis was secure and not going to tell anyone, a weight had lifted off everyone's shoulder. I was no longer crying and worried about my future. Harry was no longer giving Louis unnecessary attitude it was just casual. Louis and Harry were now casually talking about Louis trip back to California with my sister before letting him out the door.

"See you later", Harry and I said to Louis. I gave him a quick, small hug and he walked out or front door. Harry and I looked at each other for a second before smiling. I hugged him tight and we both let out a little laugh. It was an odd moment. Neither of us needed to laugh but we did and it felt good. After all the tension that filled the room it felt nice to let go and live easily.

"So we're safe now", I said letting go of Harry and looking up at him. That;s when his smile dropped and I began to worry again. 

"We are safe, kitten but we still need to be on edge. This happening is a big deal and we need to treat it like that. We need to keep ourselves on the down low and make sure we don't talk about this talk with Louis, where we used to live, where you used to go to school, anything that could lead anyone to believing it was us", he said and I nodded.

"That wont be too hard."

"No, it won't", he said pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear," Its going to be okay. Everything is going to work out. This is our life now, not what happened there."

He kissed me on the nose then walked into our bedroom and I followed. He laid down on the bed and got on his phone and I got under the covers. I wanted to sit on my phone but I was getting a headache from all the stress I had gone through recently and my stomach was killing me. It felt like I was getting sick but I was hoping it was just the anxiety and fear I had gone through the past few days.

"Wanna cuddle my love?", Harry asked getting under the covers and setting his phone to the side. I nodded my head and he brought me close to his chest. He brought his hand up to my forehead.

"Lana, you are burning up", he said getting out from under the covers and going to the kitchen.

"No I'm not I'm just sweaty, trust me. I feel fine", I lied. If harry said I was sick I was stuck staying home and being babied. Harry hated when I was sick because of how it made me. I was so dead inside, I didn't laugh, I didn't move, I didn't talk much. I hated being sick just as much as he hated me being sick.

"I'm going to take your temperature, you are going to drink this water, and we are going to take a nap", he demanded sticking a thermometer in my mouth, waiting for the beep. I felt perfectly fine now that Harry thought I was sick but i must have been making myself that way. I didn't want to be sick so I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't. He took the thermometer out of my mouth and shook his head. I knew I had a temperature. 

He laid down next to me and started to play with my hair. It was comforting and made me tired. I wanted to fall asleep but I was on edge now after Harry freaked out about how hot I was. I hated that but the more he played with my hair the more tired i got. 

"I feel fine, Harry. I really do. I just have a little headache that's all I promise", I said and he shook his head.

"Don't lie to me, just relax", he said whispering.

"I can't", I said and he sighed,"Tell me a story."

"A story? What are you twelve?", he said jokingly.

"Yes. please tell me a story", I said pouting my lip out. He looked around the room and I knew he was thinking. Harry was very intelligent and had a lot more stories to tell than a person would expect.

"How about the first time I met you?", Harry said and I nodded. I had heard this story a million times but it felt so good to hear it. It made me feel so special and so loved. It brought me back to a more simple time where I had so much on my mind yet no reason to be so worked. He brought such a loving light into my life that I could never thank him enough for.

"I remember I had just met your mom, literally just met her like a few hours before this moment. She was a nice girl, always has been but I've told you this a million times your mom was never the girl I was going to marry. She was the girl someone would marry, a very lovely girl but not the girl for me and I knew that. I knew that when you stepped into the room so scared because the door opened and you knew your mom wasn't going to be home anytime soon."

"You looked so scared and you were wearing this little dress and it was so cute. It was this pink nightgown with little daisies on it and lace. If any other girl wore a nightgown at 15 I would've judged and questioned it but with you it was the most beautiful thing in the world. It was just adorable and that sounds so creepy because you were just a 15 year old girl but it wasn't like that. I just thought you were a cute young girl. You came down the stairs though and you went from princess in a nightgown to angry princess in a nightgown. You were just screaming in her face telling her she needed to be more attentive and take care of her babies. I was shocked that you would yell at your mother like that but I understood why."

"You were just yelling and then you started crying and I felt so bad. I had learned so much about the random girl I had came home with that I didn't even like her anymore. She wasn't attractive to me anymore. All she did was just push you away from her and go into the fridge. I felt so bad so I just walked over and comforted you and it was so nice to just be there for someone younger than me and that sounds creepy too but it wasn't like that. I felt like I meant something because I cared about someone other than myself."

"It seems so meaningless. I just was going to hook up with your mom and saw you at 15 years old in a nightgown going from princess to angry to weak and I felt like i was human for once. I was at such a bad place in my life where I'd go from women to women to women without a care in the world. I didn't care if I hurt anyone or if I broke any hearts but in that moment where I comforted you I felt like I meant something. I felt like I had a purpose and I felt like if I wasn't hear to make someone feel better then something bad would happen."

"You turned 16 and we found each other on Facebook and we started talking and it turned into what we had now and I'm so thankful. It was never creepy and it was never harmful or gross it was just us. I comforted you and it was just loving that was all it ever was at the time. You grew up and you helped me grow up and become a man and I just love you so much. fuck."