twenty five

Harry and I cleaned ourselves up and ate a quick meal before beginning the drive to our destination. It was nerve wracking having to get ready and go to this place knowing what could happening. Knowing that everything that built up to this and the element of the unknown involved, it makes it a million times for scary. What could all this be about and what could they be doing this for?

So many worries were running around my head, making me sick to my stomach but the worst of it all was the unknown. There were so many unanswered questions involved and so many worries. All of that made it all worse. I sipped on a water the whole ride there trying to calm my nerves but nothing worked. I tapped my foot, looked out the car and watched the world go by, and tried to be constantly touching Harry but none of that worked to calm me down. 

"Here we are", Harry said parking his car down the road from the sketchy area. I looked around and I began to get really nervous. I knew I was safe in the area and that was not a worry to me, it was just everything that was leading up to this. I gripped Harry's hand once I got out of the car and we began walking to the door the email directed us to go to.

"I'm scared", I whispered as we walked. I kept my eyes on my feet because I know that if I looked at Harry and tried to make conversation with him I might start crying.

"Lana, I don't want to fill you with bullshit and tell you I'm not because I am. I'm fucking terrified of what we were going to find in this room and what is going to happen.  I am so worried about this but I know that whatever happens to the two of us is going to be fine. It is all going to end or beginning the exact way that it is meant to be."

"I love you, Harry", I said walking up the steps and toward the door. Our hands tightly held together, sweating buckets.

"I love you."

Harry knocked on the door. He used a knock that he would use on any door. He didn't want to seem suspicious nor did he want to seem too casual. I stared into the peep hole while Harry looked down at his feet trying to avoid who ever was about to open the door. I tried to look closer at the peep hole and I tried to see if there was something looking back at me but I couldn't notice.

In that moment, I heard feet walking closer and closer to the door and without warning the door flew open. A man stood there and a woman was standing by his side. Harry looked up and his eyes widened at the two of them but I had no idea who they were. The people were foreign to me but judging by the look on Harry's face and the look that Harry gave them they all knew each other.

The woman had long, pitch black hair. There was no way it could be that black naturally and her light colored roots were peaking out the top. She had really thin arms and legs, she looked so small and dainty next to the man next to her. She was short and weak looking while he was masculine and scary. He had a beard growing in slowly across his face and a black t shirt on. He was almost as tall as Harry but about just as intimidating.

"Come on in", the man said and Harry guided me into the house, his grip on my hand getting tighter," Take a seat right over here."

We sat down at the table, directly across from the two. They shuffled with some papers they had across the table and Harry brought the stacks of money out from the bag that he brought with us. The two of them instantly had a smile on their face and that scared me. It scared me solely because I had no idea why they were smiling like that. Did their smile mean they were happy with the money and we were going to move on from this or worse.

"How have you been, Harry?", the woman asked," It has been way too long. I miss you."

"I've been great", Harry responded with his jaw clenched. I had no idea who this woman even was and the thought of her missing Harry was something that really bothered me. It was eating me alive wondering how they knew each other. 

"So let's get down to business and establish the reason for this money and everything so the four of us can move on", the man said forcefully. He knew what he wanted and just how to get it. As he locked eyes with me from across the table and kept them on me as I looked all around the room. I was particularly avoiding making eye contact with him which wasn't very easy.

"To start this off I want to come clean and just say that we dug deep into this. We became obsessed with this for months and we put the pieces together that you two were responsible for what happened at prom. Liam and Zayn both quitting their jobs, you both leaving and moving here, and Louis bouncing all around the state of California since it happened. I think if someone really thought about it the way we did I'm sure they would've found out. Lucky for you I doubt anyone really will."

"How did you know all this stuff?", I asked and the man flashed a small smile at me.

"Researching the area, who was still in town and who wasn't. It was really just a dumb little theory until we realized you two were here and just how it all added up. Who knew it would actually add up and work out to be a conspiracy theorist?", the man said with a small laugh. The woman, who I assumed was his wife or girlfriend started laughing next to him and Harry and I sat their confused. 

"And also, wipe that confused look of your face, little miss, I'm Harry's ex", she locked eyes with me and kept a smug smirk on her face," And baby mama but I bet he doesn't like to tell all his young, illegal girlfriends about that."

The way she talked to me was rude enough. I had came into her home and treated them with the utmost respect and she still talked to me so lowly. It really bothered me but it bothered me even more the way she talked about Harry. The way she assumed that he didn't tell me anything and that I was just his little girlfriend and nothing more. I was so much more to him than a little girlfriend. There wasn't girlfriends in question it was just me. 

"Oh, Holden? How is he? I'm sure Harry and I would love to see pictures?", I retorted back and the smile on her face dropped. Harry squeezed signalling that I should stop playing with her and she looked away.

"Let's get into the money and the black mail now", the man said and Harry immediately locked eyes with the man against interested to start the conversation.

Black Beauty//Lana Del Rey