seventeen

After I got off the phone with Harry, I was the one speeding and driving like a madman trying to get home. I had no idea what to expect but I was terrified. I've said it a million times but Harry isn't the type to worry. He sounded very scared and flustered on the phone. If that wasn't enough of a reason for me to worry the way I was then I don't know what was.

I pulled into the parking lot of our apartment and noticed Louis car there so I ran inside and to the elevator. I hated running probably more than anyone on the planet but I felt like I needed to. I felt like something was really wrong, like I had to rush to Harry just to make sure everything was alright.

Harry hugged me as i cried into his arms. It wasn't like I was sad or anything I was just scared after the stressful day I had and after Harry called me and made me worried all I wanted to do was cry. Louis sat on the couch across  from us as Harry ran his fingers down my back in a soothing motion.

"The three of us need to talk, Lana, can you calm down for like three seconds so we can get this over and done with", Louis snapped. I looked over at him expressionless and Harry gave him a death glare. For him to snap at me like that, I was shocked but Harry was filled with much more anger about it than I was.

"If you want to talk to her like that, I'll just kill you next and it won't be an issue", Harry said and Louis looked at harry with the same blank expressionless look I had given him a few seconds ago. I wiped the tears of my face and looked over to Louis, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm ready", I said annoyed. I never really had a like for Louis and him talking to me the way he did made me hate him even more.

" He wants to confess", Harry said and I looked up at him with shock and fear in my eyes. I had stopped crying but hearing those words made me want to cry even more. We had planned this perfectly, Harry told me I would be safe, and now Louis wanted to throw the whole plan away and confess.

"Why?", I said looking at him.

"I feel so guilty, I can barely live with myself for what I've done."

"I thought this was your job", I said yelling at him, interrupting whatever he was going to say. Harry rubbed my back and shushed me which was probably a good idea because if anyone walking in the halls or one of our neighbors heard what we were talking about, we were dead. 

"It is my job but something changed, I don't know", he was whispering now," And usually they aren't kids that I do that too. They are usually bad people who kill people not a bunch of random kids."

"They weren't random", Harry added," They did a lot of things to, Lana. I told you that and I told you they were cruel things that would get them into hell anyway. I just didn't go into the details of it because she wasn't there and she doesn't like telling people."

I was thankful that Harry didn't tell Louis what happened to me without my permission. Harry really did respect my privacy and feelings but at the same time I wished Louis knew before. If he would've known what happened he wouldn't feel guilty at all. 

"Do you want to know, Louis, because I guarantee that if you know what they did to me you wont feel guilty", I said and he straightened up his posture.

"Yeah", he said and i took a deep breathe preparing to tell the story to someone who was practically a stranger. i knew i had to give it all to louis to make him feel bad for me and make him understand the reason i wanted them dead but i hated reliving it all. it was the most traumatic thing that ever happened to me. nothing could top how traumatic it was no matter what happens. 

"So I've never been popular at school. I was always just quiet and to myself. I had never done anything to make these kids mad, I never talked to any of them, I didn't even know them that well other than the fact that they were popular. There was this one, Ty ,  and him and I had a class together and he was always pretty nice to me. He was cute and eventually him and I got close and he asked me to go to prom with him. I said yes and I was so excited so so excited."

Harry started to rub down my back in a comforting manner and I stopped talking for a while. I need a minute to breathe and just think about everything. I didn't want to re- think it all and soak it all up again but that is kind of what i did. I just took a deep breathe and tried to relax. It brought back so many bad feeling and emotions that I hated to feel. It reminded me so much of junior year and how I felt all the time and what my days were like, the person I was. 

"So so excited. So the night of prom things were all going well and they drugged me. I was having so much fun and I just started to feel so weird and I blacked out for a while. I was in and out of it all. I remember the guy I was with and all his friends taking turns doing the cruelest things to me, sexual things and then all their girlfriends just beat the shit out of me and I remember I just woke up in the hospital."

"And you're not lying to me", Louis said shocked. His face had turned practically white and he seemed to be disgusted. I don't know why he had to question me on this. I don't know why he even felt the need to, why would I lie about something like this.

"Why? I wouldn't lie about something like this ", I told Louis and Harry held a serious, yet still angry gaze at Louis.

"I believe you, I do. Why didn't you tell me sooner thought. It would've saved me a lot of stress", he said turning this around to him.

"This isnt about you Louis", Harry said and I looked up at him my eyes wide," Are you gonna keep this on the down low or not?"

"Yes of course, of course. Don't worry about it."

Robbers// The 1975