Chapter 7

Carlos left me there feeling heart broken. Did he not love me, how I loved him? Did I do something wrong? I just did not understand why everyone was treating me differently. Why didn't they understand me? It was making me question my sanity. Did everyone think that I was turning into the Mad Hatter? It surely felt like I was.

I went to english class completely distracted as my brain felt like it was caving in on itself. I love Jay and I love Carlos. There's no love spell. They're crazy. Or am I? I literally thought my head was going to exploded as the bell rang and I darted out of class.

"Whoa, where are you going in such a hurry? Come on, we'll walk to chemistry together. We've got a big test today. Wait, what's wrong?" Evie asked me noticing that was I was having a total melt down as she tried to drag me to class but I wasn't moving.

"My head is spinning. I don't know what's wrong with me. You understand that I love Jay and Carlos right? Like I'm madly in love with them. I just wish someone would understand how I'm feeling because neither Carlos or Jay seems to be happy that I'm in love with the other," I complained to her as she wrapped an arm around me and we walked to class.

"Hey, just like Mal told me, boys are jerks. Chad and I had a little upset and it wasn't pretty. Turns out you were right, he's a huge jerk. Look Ria, I know you're not going to believe me right now but you need just need to focus on you right now. Mal is working on a reverse potion and you'll be back to your old self. For now love Jay and love Carlos because there's no one stopping you. You deserve better though," Evie told me and she was the only that actually told me to love them both. It was comforting and I didn't lose my head like I thought I was going to.

"Thank you Evie, do you think I could use your mirror during the test? I didn't get to study much last night and I really need a good grade," I asked her knowing that I could probably do the work but I did not need a bigger headache than the one I'm already trying to recover from.

"Of course, us girls have to stick together right?" She answered with a bright smile and I wondered why I didn't talk to her a lot much sooner. "Now, come on."

We walked to chemistry together and she asked Doug to move down a sit so I could sit next to her and Mr. Delay passed out the tests as Evie was searching for her magic mirror. I read up on it before and you could ask it anything and it'd give you the answer. That's how she got the answer right yesterday.

"Looking for something?" Our teacher asked as Evie frantically looked through her purse. He held up her mirror as the both of us looked to each other nervous for what he was about to say to her. "Thank you Chad, it's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code. It will be my recommendation that you be expelled." Mr. Delay said as Chad looked like he had just done some righteous deed.

"That isn't fair!" Doug said standing up taking Evie and I by surprise. "Obviously she wasn't cheating since she doesn't have, whatever that is," he stated saving Evie and it was so heartwarming to see. I know my little pumpkin, Carlos would do something like this. Also Jay would definitely stick up for me, I knew those two boys would do anything for me since I loved them so much.

"Maybe she just needed another pencil," Doug tried to cover for Evie as Evie was admitting to looking for her mirror. I shushed her as Doug continued to talk. "Please."

"Well if you can pass this test, I'll return property and let the matter drop," Mr. Delay said as Evie sighed in relief and we continued with our tests.

I managed to finish with ten minutes left to spare. I looked over at Evie to see her almost finished with her test and we had mainly the same answers. She was doing well and I was so proud of her. We turned in our tests when the bell rang and Evie looked like she'd been through a battlefield, well at least her expression looked that way.