Chapter 16

Family Day, at last! I've been waiting for this day since the beginning of school and I said farewell to my parents. It's always a lovely day and the weather is going to be perfect. I'm especially glad to spend this day with Carlos and the others. He finally gets to hear the story about how my father fell in love with my mother. What a wonderful story that will be for him.

Along with seeing my mother and father, I also get to see my cousins Elsa and Anna who will bring her husband Kristoff. Kristoff is kind of like an uncle type of a person to me even though if we're being super technically here when it comes to family trees he'd be my first cousin once removed in law. Yeah, that's a mouth full.

Anyways, I awoke to Delta biting at Carlos's nose as he woke up for the slight pain she could cause. It was nothing more than a little pressure on the nose, she likes to think she's like this mighty beast.

"Ow, what the...?" Carlos mumbled as he looked down at his nose to see Delta nibbling on his nose. "Is this good or bad?" He asked me trying not to move all too much.

"It's not anything really. She's just giving you a wake up call. I'm sorry about that," I explained to him, grabbing Delta and placing her on the floor.

"It's alright. It didn't hurt honestly. Kind of tickled actually, she's got such a tiny teeth," he giggled as he crawled out of bed and I took a look at the time. Ten o'clock, man I really need to get a better sleeping schedule. I have to meet Ben in less than two hours to do the stupid recreation of "Be Our Guest." Please, can I break my leg or something so I don't have to go through with this?

"Yeah, I know. Hey I actually have to get ready. I'll meet you down at Family Day around noon. You'll finally get to my father's story," I told him as I got up and stretched out my back. "You're just going to love it so much, I'm so excited," I squealed as he smiled back at me.

"I literally can't wait. I'll leave you to yourself for a bit, see you down there," he responded kissing my cheek as he exited and Audrey was starting to wake up looking like a mess.

"Morning sleeping beauty," I smirked as I turned on the lights and she hid under the covers. I wasn't really a morning person but I could be just to piss off Audrey.

"Don't start," she mumbled as she looked over to the clock realizing how late it already was. "Oh my god, I need to shower!" She shouted jumping out of her bed, quickly grabbing her stuff, and heading to the shower. I was left to myself and started getting ready as Delta scurried around the room.

"Hey, you really like Carlos right?" I asked her as I picked her up and she just looked back to me with her cute big eyes. "Good, because I do too." I said basically talking to myself and sure it was a bit weird but I was making sure my feelings were true. Especially, since Ben and I ended weirdly and we were really never a couple, I wanted to make sure that I actually had feelings for him. I was almost certain I did. Then again, I don't know what love feels like.

I mean yes, I love my parents and Delta with all my heart but that's family. There's four types of love that I believe in and I've only been able to experience three of them. Family as I stated is one of them. That's unconditional for me. Mother and father mean everything to me and I don't know what it would feel like not to love them they way I do. My personal favorite kind of love is loving yourself. You have to love yourself. You're beautiful inside out and if you can't love yourself, it messes with your mind when others love you. Love yourself. The other comes in different levels of love. At the top of my list for platonic love would have to be Benny Boo. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him and he's my best friend ever. It may sound weird to you but I honestly love him so much.

Lastly, the one I haven't been able to experience is romantic love, which is what some people think is the only way to love. They're far from right if they think that. I can't say I've ever been in the love like the way my mother and father are. Yes, I am still only sixteen and I have many years ahead of me but I don't even know what it feels like.