Chapter 7

It's Monday evening after school. Alex is dragging me along with her to show her obnoxious cousins from Australia around California. Me and Alex are in my Audi and Meg and Sienna are following us in Alex's Beetle. Alex decided we will go to the nearest mall as she's too tired to go farther than that. We pull into the mall and make our way to the food court while we leave the two twins to shop all they want. Alex was definitely right, Meg and Sienna are obnoxious. They just told me on my face that my blonde streaks don't look good on me. Guess they're not human beings. Only Aliens won't care about other people's feelings. Not that I care about what they said. Meg is too short with thick blonde hair that flows down till her shoulder. Sienna has dirty blonde,curly hair that stops just above her shoulder, she's taller than Meg. Both of them have green eyes. They walk like the biggest bitches in town with their stilettos clicking as they walk.

Me and Alex grab a sub each from subway and sit down. We are half way into eating our sub and laughing at Meg and Sienna, when I get a call from Rosie.

"Hey Rose! What's up?"

"India, I think you need to come home now. I saw mom leaving our house crying and I'm worried." She says nearly in tears.

I stand up from my seat alarmed and grab my car keys.

"Alex I need to get home now. I'll text you later." I leave a worried Alex and run to the car park.

I've never drove my Audi that fast. I step on the peddle as hard as I can when I reach my house. I open the car door in full speed and run into the house. I see Rosie sitting on the bottom of the stairs typing something in her phone. She looks up as I stand near the door panting.

"Where is she Rose?" I ask her panicked.

"She's not here" she says looking down at her feet. I can see my sister is very upset.

"Ok, come! We will drive around the neighborhood and see if we can find her ." I say walking out of the door again.

We drive around the entire neighborhood but she's not to be found anywhere. It's nearly 9pm and I'm sitting outside on our porch, crying.

I hear someone walking towards me but I can't see because my eyes are full of tears. I close my eyes as tight as possible when I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey, it's ok! Is everything alright India?"

I look up to the mystery voice and its Jackson. I wipe away my tears as he sits beside me.

"Do I look alright ?" I ask in an annoyed yet calm tone.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He says caressing my back.

"Thank you." I say quietly, getting up.

"It's dark out here and not safe for a pretty girl like you to be out here at this time." He says smiling slightly.

"Thanks again Jackson! Good night !" I says opening the front door.

"Don't need to be formal. Good night love." He waves and walks off. I close the door and climb up to my room.

---------------------------------------------
The next day, I get up with a heavy head ache as I was up till 2 in the morning waiting for my mom. I forgot that I had school today. I get up and get ready for school. I also take spare clothes as I may have a sleep over at Alex's house as we have a project to work on.

I climb down and see my mom making pan cakes. I stand there frozen for a moment when she greets me.

"Good morning dear !" She says smiling at me like nothing happened the previous night. I choose no to go into any details and spoil my day. I eat four pancakes with maple syrup. In case you didn't know, I love pan cakes. I also love red velvet pancakes with whipped cream.

"Mom, I'm going to stay at Alex's house today as we have to work on a project." I say, still looking at my plate and not making eye contact with her.

"Well keep me updated, have fun dear."

I don't say a word and just leave the kitchen and walk to my car.

Author's note :
Please vote and comment! Don't be a silent reader!!